NE Pension Fund in Critical and Declining Status for 2022-2023 Plan Year

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In the NE plan, should someone retire between ages 60 & 62. the plan will give that person an extra $1000/month to cover medical expenses. They assume most will start collecting SS @ 62.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The pension plan automatically pays your state & federal taxes on your monthly amount.
Which means every tax season , I get a hefty amount back.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In the NE plan, should someone retire between ages 60 & 62. the plan will give that person an extra $1000/month to cover medical expenses. They assume most will start collecting SS @ 62.
Must be flush with cash then? No need for a bailout.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The pension plan automatically pays your state & federal taxes on your monthly amount.
Which means every tax season , I get a hefty amount back.
So isn't this simply a paycheck withholding? If you get a "hefty amount back", they are withholding too much.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I need to be educated on what this means. It looks like this has been going on for atleast a few years if not more because I saw the same message a few years ago. I know its not good news, but is it really that bad? I havent worked at UPS for about 6 years and I'm only 41 years old, so I'm still a long ways from collecting my pension. Based on this news, what concern should I have for being able to collect my pension in 20+ years?
How many years did you put in?