Necroposting

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
I parked in front of the local Jr College one day. The street is one way with 4 lanes of traffic and I had half of the far right lane blocked. As I stopped it caused an older gentleman( I'm being way to nice here) to have to brake and change lanes. I got the customary fu and finger to which I responded with a smile and wave. Apparently this set the dude off and he circled the block twice waiting for me to return. When I was walking back to the truck the old man was waiting is in his car and starts unleashing a river of expletives etc..before I could get a word in edge wise some students from the college who had seen what was happening started giving it right back to hi on my behalf and before I knew it 15-20 of them are screaming and making jokes at him. I just set and laughed then proceeded on my way. Social justice in my eyes

Overpaid Union Thug

I've been wondering what would happen if a driver carried mace and sprayed the ****e out of a confrontational customer or road rager.

If he is in my personal space and I am unable to retreat or verbally de-escalate and the situation has deteriorated to the point that I would be legally justified in using pepper spray...then I would be equally justified in simply breaking his nose or removing a few of his teeth. His resulting medical bills might serve as a deterrent to future road rage incidents, and I wouldnt wind up blowing $15 of my hard earned money on a can of pepper spray.

I think the spray is the better route. Can be used on dogs or humans. ;) And using spray wont result on me getting a boxer's fracture on some nutt's skull.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I think the spray is the better route. Can be used on dogs or humans. ;) And using spray wont result on me getting a boxer's fracture on some nutt's skull.

Mace is totally ineffective on dogs and pepper spray is only marginally effective. However...I have had 100% success over the last 24 years with biscuits and belly rubs so I'm going to stick with that. And as far as a boxers fracture goes, that would be covered under workmans comp. :-)

gman042

Been around the block a few times
If he is in my personal space and I am unable to retreat or verbally de-escalate and the situation has deteriorated to the point that I would be legally justified in using pepper spray...then I would be equally justified in simply breaking his nose or removing a few of his teeth. His resulting medical bills might serve as a deterrent to future road rage incidents, and I wouldnt wind up blowing $15 of my hard earned money on a can of pepper spray.

Hornet spray is less expensive and has more range. Does more than just keep the wicked hornets at bay.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
When i was younger I'd enjoy run in's with other drivers, and use passive/aggressive behavior that has been described in previous posts to piss them off,but as Ive gotten older and fatter i try to not have any run in's with people. The general public is more crazy and dangerous than a few years ago,and I have no doubts that any complaint that is called in will cause me unneeded headache and wasted time that in the end just aint worth it.
​I ignore rude people,dont make eye contact and try to get out of the situation as quickly as I can. it just aint worth it

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Would have to loved to work seeing how I am still laid off. But thanks to my union borthers I get to sit while they make extra money after all the overtime they have been getting due to managment not putting in cars. THANKs TEAMSTERS I LOVE YOU ONE AND ALL.

​Looks like this was going on 4 years ago.

Notretiredyet

Into resurrecting old threads lately Hoax? Preemptive strike to all the perennial what if threads that come this time each year? Keep them coming, good idea. We get double time for hours worked in these parts, with 8hr guarantee if you want. Most work actual which is usually 5-6hrs, then head to the local watering hole where we watch football and bs.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Threads are born, they live a life and then they die a natural death. Digging up 5 year old threads clutters the forum up and creates a lot of duplicate topics. My personal opinion is that it should be a TOS violation to necropost anything over one year old, with reasonable exceptions granted at the discretion of a moderator. I dont own the forum or moderate so if I am out of line for complaining then let me know.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hope nobody digs this thread up five years from now.:wink2:

​Actually, everybody needs to look at the post date of a thread and just not respond to the older ones.

oldngray

nowhere special
Some old threads could be revived from the dead if there is a reason to update them, or it is more of a seasonal thread, but most old threads should definitely be put in cold storage. Only wake up the threads if there is a good reason to thaw them out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Threads are born, they live a life and then they die a natural death. Digging up 5 year old threads clutters the forum up and creates a lot of duplicate topics. My personal opinion is that it should be a TOS violation to necropost anything over one year old, with reasonable exceptions granted at the discretion of a moderator. I dont own the forum or moderate so if I am out of line for complaining then let me know.

If Cheryl wants to do that, all she has to do is create a filter that does that.
No post in a thread for 1 year, it goes into archival status.

BTW, there has been more people who liked the old Thanksgiving posts than did not.
And the ones that did not like it are known grumpy old farts. :wink2:

gingerkat

I agree…it's kind of odd seeing something that old. With that being said, it's a tricky thing… some people get yelled at for asking questions and told to use the "search" function.

bbsam

Staff member
What's the big deal? There must be 30 threads at any given time that hold no interest for me. Just because someone brings something up from 2 years ago doesn't mean I have to engage. Or maybe there's something new to be said about an old topic. The idea of clutter on BC seems a bit odd considering how diverse topics, threads, and even how threads derail and metamorphose. It could be said that many current threads are.simply the spiritual embodiment of past dead threads.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What's the big deal? There must be 30 threads at any given time that hold no interest for me. Just because someone brings something up from 2 years ago doesn't mean I have to engage. Or mathematical there's something new to be said about an old topic. The idea of clutter on BC seems a bit odd considering how diverse topics, threads, and even how threads derail and metamorphose.

You just wait until you get old and grumpy and set in your ways!
You will understand then!

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe we just need a grumpy old people current threads forum for the old biddies who are set in their ways.

If Cheryl wants to do that, all she has to do is create a filter that does that.
No post in a thread for 1 year, it goes into archival status.

BTW, there has been more people who liked the old Thanksgiving posts than did not.
And the ones that did not like it are known grumpy old farts. :wink2:
If you are talking about me I was just trying to be funny last night when I open up those threads from 2003. I thought I was going to get some and when I realized it wasent possible I screwed around on here instead. My bad.