Necroposting

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Last week I saw a couple 7-8 year old kids standing on the corner. Gave a friendly tap of horn to get their attention,
so the wouldn't walk out into street as the took my turn.
As I drove by, 1 said :censored2: a hole

Thats because no matter what management says there's no such thing as a "friendly" horn tap.

Ouch

Man thats my favorite thing in the world to do. I love when im delivering the ritch part of town and people in there bentleys and porsche cant get by. Makes my day to know I held them up from getting to the wine of the month club meeting on time.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Raise your arms in a 'bring it' kind of way? You are the one who needs to be careful.

What are you trying to prove?

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but people will always be angry with you. Don't take the bait.

If they call UPS, you better hope it is because of your parking, and not because of something you did or say. Because, chances are, you won't win that argument. And if you get in a fight while you are on the clock, you're done, baby.

I don't have it now in feeders, but back in PC, whenever someone called me a name in anger, I always smiled big, waved and said something that made no sense, like, "Hey, never thought I would see you again so soon. How are the kids?" Always something that made no sense. And if they said something about my parking, I always liked to laugh and say, "Oh, I'm not driving, my boss(name your supervisor) is driving today."

Worked every time.

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm covering a route right now where 3 of the streets on the loop are very busy narrow residential streets and you hit them around the time people are driving home from a crappy day at work and all stressed out so every day I get 1 - 3 road ragers yelling out their window or laying on their horn. At first I yelled back then one day I got so annoyed I said screw it and took my 10 minute break right there then finally got to a point where now I wave and smile and laugh when I get back to my truck.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I always shake my head if I hear a horn while I'm walking off my delivery. Apparently, the big UPS logo and flashing hazards is not the universal sign of " HEY , THIS TRUCK STOPS FREQUENTLY "

Speaking of road rage, Today I'm in a traffic lane waiting to turn onto the highway when this dirty black SUV cuts in front of me as the line moves. I was pissed but kept my hand off the horn, and just shook my head and dropped a couple friend-bombs. I figure, oh well, I'll be nice to him. As I'm behind him, I notice something written in the dirt on his back window that proved his license should be taken away. It said " NICE PARKING D!CX " !!!! lol :furious:

Then and only then , if I didn't love my job, would I Dale Earnhardt Sr that rear passenger corner and send him spinning into the gutter. :woohoo:

I always shake my head if I hear a horn while I'm walking off my delivery. Apparently, the big UPS logo and flashing hazards is not the universal sign of " HEY , THIS TRUCK STOPS FREQUENTLY "

Speaking of road rage, Today I'm in a traffic lane waiting to turn onto the highway when this dirty black SUV cuts in front of me as the line moves. I was pissed but kept my hand off the horn, and just shook my head and dropped a couple friend-bombs. I figure, oh well, I'll be nice to him. As I'm behind him, I notice something written in the dirt on his back window that proved his license should be taken away. It said " NICE PARKING D!CX " !!!! lol :furious:

Then and only then , if I didn't love my job, would I Dale Earnhardt Sr that rear passenger corner and send him spinning into the gutter. :woohoo:

Sometimes I walk over to them and say " hey my trucks broke down, can you give me a jump?" Then they get all ticked off, back down the street. Then I jump in my truck and leave! You really have to try this sometime! Its a great way of saying..:censored2:...without saying a single word!..........lol

FilingBluesFL

I never get upset if someone dislikes where I park. They'll get over it.

I delivered to an apartment complex one day, and parked in front of a short row of garages. Apparently as I parked one of the garage owners came out and wanted to leave.

I was called an a hole at LEAST 8 times.

I made sure to look back and wave hi to him as I was waiting for the elevator to come all the way down, and I happily rode it both up and down... ONE FLOOR.

He had more words for me when I came back, I just smiled and reminded him how nice of a day it was.

No need to get upset!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I had a dude get up in my grill 2 summers ago. He said I got dust on his kids when I was driving down this dirt lane. He kept callin me a :censored2: *******. I tried to be professional with him and he kept callin me that name. Finally I was startin to get mad with the shakes. I told him if he called me that again he was going to get knocked out in front of his kids and told him if he thought he was man enough to come take the title come take it from me. We were about an inch part from each other. I think the dude saw that crazy look in my eye like he knew I was one of them people that if I get super mad someone is going to get killed very quickly with my anger. Needless to say homeboy punked out and walked away. But the funny part about it was he was still saying the same thing as he was walking away. I said keep on stepping chump and bye bye chump have a nice day lol. I thought to myself after the whole situation was over like wow dude if this guy had thrown a punch I honestly would have killed him, that's exactly the reason why I wont allow myself to get into a fight nowadays. Im not going to go into details because im disappointed and ashamed of myself for what I did to this guy after him and his friend jumped me and hit me in the forehead with a bottle at a bar. Put it this way hes lucky to be alive. Bad tempers and or losing your temper is never good. I had to go to counseling and anger management classes after the situation. Lesson to be learned here is unless you fear your life is in danger just walk away from situations where people are being complete idiots. I knew the guy would walk away, just had that vibe and the fact that he was with his kids. The consequences just aren't worth it really.

MethodsMan

I had a guy go bat **** crazy on me today because I took up the road for a grand total of 60 seconds. I pull up after the delivery and let the inpatient man pass me. He pulls up next to me yelling and carrying on. I don't respond, just look at him with a blank stare and say nothing. He's confused and you can tell it turns awkward for him.

Me: 1

Irrational old guy: 0

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I refuse to aknowledge or participate in any sort of road rage. Its their problem not mine. Any idiot with a smart phone can have us visible world wide on Youtube in 30 seconds, so I behave accordingly. Plus it helps to be 6'2 and 275 lbs, lots of "tough guys" lose their attitude quick when they see me get out of the truck.

UPSmeoff

I completely agree that i aggravated the situation. Being yelled at while working is a VERY infrequent thing for me (On the road that is. I get yelled at daily during our PCMS).
I think it is weird that it has happened twice in one week. I know i should shrug it off, but I'm afraid my emotions will win every time.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I've been wondering what would happen if a driver carried mace and sprayed the ****e out of a confrontational customer or road rager.

If he is in my personal space and I am unable to retreat or verbally de-escalate and the situation has deteriorated to the point that I would be legally justified in using pepper spray...then I would be equally justified in simply breaking his nose or removing a few of his teeth. His resulting medical bills might serve as a deterrent to future road rage incidents, and I wouldnt wind up blowing $15 of my hard earned money on a can of pepper spray.

PT Car Washer

I completely agree that i aggravated the situation. Being yelled at while working is a VERY infrequent thing for me (On the road that is. I get yelled at daily during our PCMS).
I think it is weird that it has happened twice in one week. I know i should shrug it off, but I'm afraid my emotions will win every time.
I bet this is bothering you a lot more than the other 2 drivers.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
This morning our PCM had one of those classic moments. A driver was handed his little cardboard box for his 17 years of safe driving. The center manager asked him how he did it, expecting a 5 Seeing Habits or 10 point comment. Driver goes: "Ugh.......Ugh.........Use my headlights.....horn.....but mostly I use a lot of profanity!". It was pretty funny.