Need advice-got fired!

brownrod

Why would you retype it instead of rescanning it if you still had the customer right there? There has to be more to the story.

He stop completed the stop and it came up as late air when he it '8' for reciever. In this case I think you hit 1 for residential or something. So, he went back and voided the stop. At this point it won't be in EDD anymore so you have to type in the information and stop complete it again.

brownrod

T
The next day he was in the office getting a warning letter because what he had done had raised a "red flag" somewhere. The new rule around here is, if you make that mistake you can't fix it, and you will be getting a warning letter for failing to follow proper procedures, ie, hitting the wrong button.

I was in the office for not voiding and doing it correctly a second time. I hit 8 like always and was befuddled as to why a resi saver was late. Next morning the center manager told me what is what. Next time I did that I voided the stop and did it correctly. No talk to for doing it properly.

brownrod

There was two drivers suspend last week one was driving while smoking a cig and the other was using his cell phone while making a del.

If I have a long walk to the package car I may use my phone for personal reasons on the way to or fro. If manage has a problem with this then I will never again use my cell phone for UPS business. If they knew that they would never bother me about using my phone while walking briskly.

NY11725

I guess since UPS, wants to find any small reason to fire you, which sounds retarded, I would recommend just biting the bullet and try to hit the right button next time :(

bumped

He stop completed the stop and it came up as late air when he it '8' for reciever. In this case I think you hit 1 for residential or something. So, he went back and voided the stop. At this point it won't be in EDD anymore so you have to type in the information and stop complete it again.

You can still just scan the package from the EDD screen and all the information for the street address will show up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I may be wrong but I think that with the DIAD upgrade you should be able to simply scan the package and it will still be in EDD, even though it has been voided or stop completed. You would simply void the first delivery, rescan and stop complete the second delivery.

Look at the section applicable laws regarding the use of cell phones while driving will be followed my all employees while driving Company vehicles. If its not against the law grieve it. Sometimes you have to check in your pants to see if theres any balls in there and grieve it.Thats why the grievance procedure is there. Men and women have fought hard for this sometimes you have to use it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Look at the section applicable laws regarding the use of cell phones while driving will be followed my all employees while driving Company vehicles. If its not against the law grieve it. Sometimes you have to check in your pants to see if theres any balls in there and grieve it.Thats why the grievance procedure is there. Men and women have fought hard for this sometimes you have to use it.

Which should prevail--the grievance procedure or good old fashioned common sense?

Using a cell phone while driving is an unsafe behavior.

BTW, it is this abuse of the grievance procedure which gives Unions a bad name.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
You can still just scan the package from the EDD screen and all the information for the street address will show up.

That would work, but most of the time you hit stop complete after you handed the customer the Pkg, do you really want to go back to the customer, tell them you screwup and need the Pkg back.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Which should prevail--the grievance procedure or good old fashioned common sense?

Using a cell phone while driving is an unsafe behavior.

BTW, it is this abuse of the grievance procedure which gives Unions a bad name.

How about using your cell phone while del a Pkg

tieguy

Banned
How about using your cell phone while del a Pkg

I think a discharge would be extreme but the cell phone can be a distraction that keeps you from accurately recording the delivery and does not look very professional. One of the advantages we have is our neat professional looking drivers.