Need advice! I gave 2 tests! I didn’t refuse anything. Discharged

PPH_over_9000

I’m getting a refusal to test but the difference is I didnt refuse anything I gave them 2 samples. They poured out the first one and then only gave me 2 water bottles to drink and I drank them and tried to go a second time and gave it to them but they poured out that one also.. it wasn’t enough urine they said. First one was plenty. Nope poured it out. I tried but I didn’t have to go much. I gave them what I could..poured it out !! then after 3 hours it came time to pick up my nephew & I had to leave! I didn’t refuse anything.. I got discharged for refusal..go to panel soon I hope.. I’m sober and had no problems testing and tried to but they called it a refusal.. what do I do???

So I was an airhead of a kid. Had my fair share of run-ins with police and court-mandated substance abuse classes.

The nurses could've rejected your first two samples for a number of reasons, but I've only encountered this situation when they think that you've either diluted/adulterated your urine or that you've used a synthetic substitute.

If the rejection came instantly without them doing any testing, then the color/amount/consistency threw red flags. If they tested the first one before rejection, then likely they discovered the PH or specific gravity of your urine was consistent with sample tampering. After that, they were eyeing your second sample like hawks.

I'm not sure how UPS deals with these situations as I'll never have those issues again, but I will say that if this were court-ordered then submitting two rejected sample back-to-back would likely be considered a positive result (meaning you failed the test), and on the rare chance your judge, probation or parole officer would let you have a third, you would absolutely, without a doubt be observed while you pee in a cup. No privacy, man, I'm talking either a nurse looking over your shoulder or peeing in front of a mirror with the nurse behind you just taking in everything.

I don't know why you're going through this but best of luck with whatever you're dealing with. If you do have a substance abuse issue, however, I urge you to seek help and counseling before it really comes to bite you in the ass (if this isn't already the straw that broke the camel's back.) If this is just a :censored2: situation, on the other hand, I hope you give management hell for putting you through this.

PPH_over_9000

Are you saying its not normal for them to watch you pee at your DOT physical?

No, I was applying my experience in a similar situation while outlining the specific differences between what I went through and what OP's dealing with.

Does this really sound like a DOT physical to you? To me it sounded like drug testing for cause, and it turns out I was sort of right. OP's explained elsewhere that he's recently returned from rehab so the company's currently entitled to test him at their discretion. He also explained that the nurse that poured out his samples may not have been the most capable individual in a medical setting. I didn't catch that until after I posted my comment, though.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'd piss myself with laughter if they tried to screen me. Waiting for one of them to berate me over public image going to the bars for a cold glass of kombucha regularly for lunch.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
We had a driver who held out 6 hours before he had to pee on a random test. He knew he was clean, but wanted to make management pay for random screening him 3 months in a row.
Just for clarification, you mean you made the testing agency wait...no one in (local) management asks for a sample. They call us, we send you...if they come to the building, congratulations you get the bathroom to yourself with your new bestie..

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
To me it sounded like drug testing for cause, and it turns out I was sort of right. OP's explained elsewhere that he's recently returned from rehab so the company's currently entitled to test him at their discretion.

They can randomly test him for up to a year.

It was throughly explained on his return to work with the BA and UPS nurse.

Leaving the testing facility at any time is considered the same as a refusal.... you can't even step out for a smoke.

The OP is done.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Just for clarification, you mean you made the testing agency wait...no one in (local) management asks for a sample. They call us, we send you...if they come to the building, congratulations you get the bathroom to yourself with your new bestie..
Did I say it was me that did it? Re-read my post. Exactly the attitude I'd expect from management.

Thebrownblob

Why does this concern you?

I read the post
Because you rarely have anything of importance to add to any conversation. Usually you just ask dumb questions, this time you asked A rude question in public about a persons private life. Instead of using your piety, use your brain.