Need help scratching a route

Zowert

If you have irregulars taking up space try delivering those after you finish your air. That way they’re not in your way most of the day.

Also try getting high traffic areas done in the early afternoon, before the chaos of rush hour slows you down.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Impossible to scratch route. SOL unless you work off the clock for 3 hours doing nothing but sorting and plugging stops into road warrior.

UPSjedi41

I think everyone missed asking a driver who knows the route about how to do it. Tips, tricks, problem areas. Other drivers can you a lot of time. To qualify, yes set up in the morning and sort during lunch. Only when qualifying

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Drive fast, take chances!
153476493684423.gif

Fuzzy Brown

So this week will be my 6th week and been told by my on road sup that will be the important week for me to make scratch.

I feel like I know the route well enough, but I haven't hit the zero mark yet. Last Thursday I clocked out at 4:45pm and felt like I was the first one back since I see no trucks. I was .30 over allowed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I try running for every stop. Didn't even take my lunch nor did I felt something was slowing me down. My gut feeling is telling me I'm not going to make the cut. Friday was pretty awful since I got slam with irregulars blocking my ability to sort the back. Any tips is appreciated.
.30 over is scratch as far as I’m concerned if you’re running that well it’s hard to imagine getting disqualified for that.

Yolo

See if they will let you push your start time back 10-20 minutes. You're waisting time waiting for preload to finish and there's nothing you can do about it.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
So this week will be my 6th week and been told by my on road sup that will be the important week for me to make scratch.

I feel like I know the route well enough, but I haven't hit the zero mark yet. Last Thursday I clocked out at 4:45pm and felt like I was the first one back since I see no trucks. I was .30 over allowed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I try running for every stop. Didn't even take my lunch nor did I felt something was slowing me down. My gut feeling is telling me I'm not going to make the cut. Friday was pretty awful since I got slam with irregulars blocking my ability to sort the back. Any tips is appreciated.
Driving more miles will help, pick ups don't. E REGS suck ass and that's where they are making money hand over fist without regard for the driver that has to deliver them. Go out the long way to the route and come back the long way

Brownsocks

Just a dog
Study your route so you know how the numbers run and where the breaks are.
Keep a notepad with buisness hours, codes, and relevant info as is good practice for the routes you will cover if you qualify.
Are you filling out info notices as soon as you announce yourself or waiting two minutes?
I can scratch the worst routes on a good day, but not if I panic so stay calm and handle your buisness. .30 over is 18 minutes, so that is fixable.
When I qualified I keyed in anytime spent in building over 10 minutes as approved meeting per my center manager.
You can run every stop or you can know the route well enough so you dont have to run at all.

upsbeernut

See if they will let you push your start time back 10-20 minutes. You're waisting time waiting for preload to finish and there's nothing you can do about it.
Just forget it , I said yesterday the O R has been off and in they're favor for years. Even the fastest most reliable veteran drivers Look bad on paper.

upsbeernut

This company doesn't want you scratch unless it's your head or butt. If they did they wouldn't have taken an hour and a half away from everyone. The like overtime even though bonus is cheaper. Same old philosophy jump over a dollar to save a dime.

oldngray

nowhere special
This company doesn't want you scratch unless it's your head or butt. If they did they wouldn't have taken an hour and a half away from everyone. The like overtime even though bonus is cheaper. Same old philosophy jump over a dollar to save a dime.

When scratch was a realistic number with tight but achievable allowances drivers had incentive to reach that goal. Now its pointless to even try so most drivers don't even care.

upsbeernut

When scratch was a realistic number with tight but achievable allowances drivers had incentive to reach that goal. Now its pointless to even try so most drivers don't even care.
I agree. I'm one of them even though I can get 2 hours out of it occasionally. I love working for liars

trickpony1

Copy and pasted from another thread...

I've suggested this before. It worked for me many years ago.
If you're by yourself (no supe) try this:

Prepare a healthy lunch including sports drinks to take to work.
After your morning commits, find a safe place to park and punch meal.

Eat lunch as you sort your truck, collect your thoughts and prepare for the rest of the day. This can reduce a lot of stress.

The company knows new drivers do this. It's cool.
Don't deliver while on lunch. A big NO-NO.

When you make seniority don't work on lunch anymore.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I didn’t have to worry about making scratch when I qualified. I just needed to show up and have oxygen in my lungs. I’d say do yourself a favor and keep doing what you’re doing. 4:45 is a damn good time to punch out. Work through lunch don’t deliver just sort and I used to use the rest of it on the drive back to the building. Just remember they can change those numbers on you whenever they want.