Need help scratching a route

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I didn’t have to worry about making scratch when I qualified. I just needed to show up and have oxygen in my lungs. I’d say do yourself a favor and keep doing what you’re doing. 4:45 is a damn good time to punch out. Work through lunch don’t deliver just sort and I used to use the rest of it on the drive back to the building. Just remember they can change those numbers on you whenever they want.
Change those numbers from upstairs, agree. I call it tweeking to save money

Raw

Raw Member
If you run scratch they will expect it everyday. Tell them to take it or leave it, many jobs out there now that Trump is President!

IESucks

So this week will be my 6th week and been told by my on road sup that will be the important week for me to make scratch.

I feel like I know the route well enough, but I haven't hit the zero mark yet. Last Thursday I clocked out at 4:45pm and felt like I was the first one back since I see no trucks. I was .30 over allowed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I try running for every stop. Didn't even take my lunch nor did I felt something was slowing me down. My gut feeling is telling me I'm not going to make the cut. Friday was pretty awful since I got slam with irregulars blocking my ability to sort the back. Any tips is appreciated.
Welcome to UPS. Their time allowances on routes is impossible. You should have already figured it out by running and skipping lunch and still run over. Do what you have to do to get hired, after that stop running and take your breaks and ignore their reports of over and under for the route. My reply was always doing the best I can.

PCLoadPackage

Sort your car in the morning and take a magic marker and write the atreet and number on the giant packages, you will save an hour and a half for every half hour you set the truck up

Preloader here. I write the HIN on a visible part of the big packages both to help me quickly get them in the cars in the right order when I'm wrapping up and to hopefully help my drivers. As a driver, does the HIN help you at all, or do you really need the street address? You see the HIN on your DIAD, don't you?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Yes it helps especially for the big :censored2:. Loaders are retarded sometimes. They write the HIN on it, then load the damn package with the HIN not visible.
A lot of kids will write the hins on smalls and then skip the hins on irregs... WTF?
Not always helpful, hins, address #s, suite #s for downtown tall buildings, nothing at all but the label visible, whatever you and your driver think is helpful.

Mr95list

This is what I would do if I was in your position and you'd like a full time job. Come in the morning, look at the computer ofOrion, check and see which shelves it have you delivering first after Airs. Organize those shelves so it's easy finding those packages. After that then organize everything else. Verify all your airs so you don't go to a stop and waste time there when you don't have the package on car. Work through your lunch but put it in your inside pm before you punch out. Make sure you have no add/cuts or misloads. If you have apartments that's hard to get into, walk up, pull the door once and NI1 if you can't get in. Have a good start routine. It shouldn't take you more than 9 seconds to be in the package car with seat belt on and have it running. Scan multiple packages when walking to the doors. When delivering bulk already ask for names so you can CIR that bitch right after you're done. End small talks with customers quick. If I had a 165 stop day that's not a rural route thats a 3pm day here.

Poop Head

Judge me.
This is actually company policy, according to my on road, so you won't get in trouble for driving during your lunch
When I was qualifying,I was on lunch and suddenly had to poop real bad. Drove half mile to the gas station. Next day,sup says doing anything on unpaid lunch is an absolute no no

Siveriano

1- If needed take a 20 minutes break to sort your next 2 sections(I used to do this aroudn 11 an now and then then ill let my SUP know that the load was crap and i needed to organized as much as possible)
2- Tap that horn. If you have residential deliveries tap that horn and have the diad on signature in case someone opens the door, i heard signature releases are like 10 times the allow time for driver release.
3- Quick lunch and finish sorting your truck then driver to the next stop and be ready as soon as your lunch finish you should be making the first delivery. ( i used to go like a minute or so before my lunch ends then as soon as the time on the diad changed it would had been making that stop.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When I was qualifying,I was on lunch and suddenly had to poop real bad. Drove half mile to the gas station. Next day,sup says doing anything on unpaid lunch is an absolute no no

Ours have told us that we have to start our lunch when we break trace, can drive up to a mile off trace to a location to take lunch, and must be back on trace at the end of lunch break. I asked what happens if I get in an accident while driving the package car off the clock. Still waiting to hear back on that.

Arch

I mean you shouldn't even have 200 packages in a 165 stop day unless you have bulk businesses
I think I had about 210 packages that day. My route is only about 4-5 miles away from the center. I deliver books to several schools and I have apartments along two major streets on both sides. About 75% of my route is residentials. Most drivers says my route is one of the easiest.

Today was so light for me. Only had about 110 stops. I was done by 2pm and had to take my lunch and 2 breaks to wait for the 3pm-4:30pm pick ups. I called the center and ask them if someone could pick up my last 2 pickups because they weren't going to be ready until 4:15pm. I had to wait and I think tomorrow's paper will show that I didn't scratch again. I ended up clocking out around 4:45pm which is the same time as last Thursday but with less work.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think I had about 210 packages that day. My route is only about 4-5 miles away from the center. I deliver books to several schools and I have apartments along two major streets on both sides. About 75% of my route is residentials. Most drivers says my route is one of the easiest.

Today was so light for me. Only had about 110 stops. I was done by 2pm and had to take my lunch and 2 breaks to wait for the 3pm-4:30pm pick ups. I called the center and ask them if someone could pick up my last 2 pickups because they weren't going to be ready until 4:15pm. I had to wait and I think tomorrow's paper will show that I didn't scratch again. I ended up clocking out around 4:45pm which is the same time as last Thursday but with less work.

Today's numbers should give you an idea of whether lunch counts against you or not. You said it's your 6th week, have you been driving every day? If so, you are close to your 30 days, and they shouldn't be under dispatching you at this point. Ask for more work.

Karma...

So this week will be my 6th week and been told by my on road sup that will be the important week for me to make scratch.

I feel like I know the route well enough, but I haven't hit the zero mark yet. Last Thursday I clocked out at 4:45pm and felt like I was the first one back since I see no trucks. I was .30 over allowed. I don't know what I'm doing wrong at this point. I try running for every stop. Didn't even take my lunch nor did I felt something was slowing me down. My gut feeling is telling me I'm not going to make the cut. Friday was pretty awful since I got slam with irregulars blocking my ability to sort the back. Any tips is appreciated.
ask that on-road to do full day and show you using proper methods including your lunch. the point is this....I ( management) never asked a person to do what I could not do....thats how I was indoctrinated into ups and thats the way it should be...I would also check the allowances