Need help scratching a route

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I personally have more success organizing around irregs. Keep them tucked out of the main isle as much as possible and get yourself a sharpie to keep track of them. If you gotta fight for 5 seconds to get to them, so be it. Better than wasting 10 minutes breaking route to deliver them.
I almost forgot. TAKE NOTES. Get a sticky pad and write anything you might forget down. "Be ready for irreg at 3105 Jackson ct"

WTFm8

See if they will let you push your start time back 10-20 minutes. You're waisting time waiting for preload to finish and there's nothing you can do about it.

Put in appropriate building time and get paid AM time.

The biggest issue is routes that are last to leave building not having a reasonable first-stop time. That screws you even more because Orion will sneak a couple extra residentials between your airs if it thinks you have time.

All you need to do is go to dispatch/ORS and ask for first stop time to be adjusted then redownload EDD.

Say your start/report time is 8:45, PCM lasts 1-5 minutes (if supervisor is there on time), get to your truck and tuck lunch/water in back then verify air. Adjust mirrors, pull out, pre-trip in lot outside.

Suddenly it’s 8:55-9:00, or possibly 9:10-9:15 because a truck or 2 next to yours was still stacked out and needed finished loading irreg/bulk.

ORION shows first stop at 9:02 but you have a 10+ minute drive to that stop. You’re already 3 to 23 minutes ‘late’ starting your day off.

Last edited:

WTFm8

30 years and still gets there early and works for free. What a joke

At the contract update meeting the other weekend, our BA told us to start grieving against those fellow Teamsters for working off the clock.

More routes need to go on at my building but we just don’t have the qualified drivers (and doubt dispatch would put them on anyhow). 6 people vacation at a time, plus an injury or 2 almost always, plus the 9.5 list constantly growing and 8hr requests makes all the FT covers run 57-59.5hrs weeks.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Stay organized. STAY ORGANIZED. Selection time is everything. As you're grabbing your current stop, try to quickly identify your next and slide it up. When you sort on lunch, put bulk stops in the back of the truck so you can grab and go. Whenever possible, keep bulk stops in tubs so you can grab and go. Don't friend around with signature requireds/apartments. One knock, scan info notice and fill it out, when you're done filling it out knock one more time then you're outta there. Do not, DO NOT get chatty with customers.
When you're driving, you're being 100% safe. As soon as that engine stops, you are a fluid moving maniac. Find the rythym my friend.
Yeah... good luck being a “fluid moving maniac” for the next 30 years....it’s RIDICULOUS to think that anyone can keep that kind of pace up day in and day out... not going to happen.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I guess he figures it helps him in the long run, if he gets his stops all together and ready to go he doesn't have to spend the time on the route digging around for them.
Maybe ups should give the preload enough time to properly load the truck and maybe hire one or two more preloaders so everyone isn’t loading 5-6?trucks which is a joke...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So the Center Manager extended my training to an extra week. So last week I ran -25, -40 and -70 on 3 of the 5 work days. This Monday I was -45 but on Tuesday and today, they started added new areas to my route. I did not scratch those days and have been at 1.25 on average. If they expect me to scratch why do they insists they make it even harder when I've already beat the time? They either don't want me or secretly lied about extending my training. At this point, I'm going to slow the :censored2: down because my legs are starting to hurt from all that running. I think I would not regret going back to part time because I actual feel like I'm doing my best and they obviously don't want me. I have enough years to get into a combo job and work my way up into some decent positions. So that is plan B for me.
Just do the best you can in a controlled way... don’t be a crack head running around like a lunatic like some of these guys on here are telling you and probably do themselves everyday....if they want you bad enough they will bring you on...no matter what happens out there the company isn’t giving you enough time to do the job correctly by their methods and bogus production numbers...so just have a straight head and focus one stop at a time...this really isn’t the job it used to be...and even in my time it really hasn’t been THAT great... especially the hub and pkg side of things... none the less good luck

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah... good luck being a “fluid moving maniac” for the next 30 years....it’s RIDICULOUS to think that anyone can keep that kind of pace up day in and day out... not going to happen.

Guy's trying to qualify. Once you make book, focus on being safe and just don't be lazy out there.

WTFm8

Guy's trying to qualify. Once you make book, focus on being safe and just don't be lazy out there.

This.

And whenever they ask/drill you for being over just look them straight in the eye and tell them you’re following the methods (slight smirk really helps) and then say you can follow the speed limit to a T if they’d like. (I typically go 3-5mph over depending on resi or country). Regardless, I always go posted day after being asked why I’m over.

budlight

hey friend* face
You package car drivers are something else. Working through lunch. Unbelievable. You slip on your bottle of piss, you won't be getting paid...

I almost forgot. TAKE NOTES. Get a sticky pad and write anything you might forget down. "Be ready for irreg at 3105 Jackson ct"

More often than not, my newbies always struggle with the irregs being in the way. My piece of advice is to stick info notices on the lip of the shelf where the package is PAL'd to. If you have a tv pal'd to 3900, write '3900: TV by mfr' and stick the notice where 3900 should be. The little things like that make a huge difference.