Need specific advice for my situation

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
@Skinnyfatguy , I am based out of the Harrsiburg HUB(package). We have been bringing a lot of people in off the street who already have CDL's. If you already have your CDL with T endorsements (no hazmat needed on package side) and can get an application in, an on road sup will take you out on a road test and see how you do. If you pass, you will most likely be hired and trained the UPS way.

No facial hair and no visible tattoos. But that's for you to decide if your facial is worth the wage difference. personally, I'll stay clean shaven for $100k/yr. but at the same time I've heard guys who ask me about the job and say friend-that! when I tell them they have to shave. And as far as the tattoos, you can't come in with tattoos on your neck/face and such. You can have them on your arms and legs but if you do you will be required to cover them up (long sleeves/pants). And also no visible piercings.

Keep in mind, If you were to be accepted and make your 30 days, you may be covering routes at any time of day. If there is no driving work to be had you will more than likely be offered work in the HUB. Keep in mind, you are in a pay progression for 4 years as a driver. So you start at something like $18.50/hr and at the end of 4 years would make what ever top rate is for drivers, which right now is over $35/hr. (OT after 8). That being said, if you make your 30 days you would be a full time employee and if forced to work in the HUB would make top inside rate, which is just a little under top driver rate. You actual would make more to work in the HUB than you would to drive your first couple years.

Harpa? I would LOVE to take a walking tour of the Harpa hub during preload. The way you guys send us stuff....

Cementups

Box Monkey
That place is busting at the seams...but they do have ice cream

Please elaborate.

They got ice cream in one of the break rooms, just what a growing feeder driver needs :wink2:

At first I was like, WTF are you talking about @Jones??? Then I remembered, we got rid of that machine a few years ago.

AtvfirT I thought you were saying they gave out free ice cream and I'm over here like, 23 years and no one ever gave me any damn ice cream :(

rod

Retired 22 years
At first I was like, WTF are you talking about @Jones??? Then I remembered, we got rid of that machine a few years ago.

AtvfirT I thought you were saying they gave out free ice cream and I'm over here like, 23 years and no one ever gave me any damn ice cream :(

We had a pop machine that gave out free pop---it wasn't suppose to but it did.

Skinnyfatguy

@Skinnyfatguy , I am based out of the Harrsiburg HUB(package). We have been bringing a lot of people in off the street who already have CDL's. If you already have your CDL with T endorsements (no hazmat needed on package side) and can get an application in, an on road sup will take you out on a road test and see how you do. If you pass, you will most likely be hired and trained the UPS way.

No facial hair and no visible tattoos. But that's for you to decide if your facial is worth the wage difference. personally, I'll stay clean shaven for $100k/yr. but at the same time I've heard guys who ask me about the job and say friend-that! when I tell them they have to shave. And as far as the tattoos, you can't come in with tattoos on your neck/face and such. You can have them on your arms and legs but if you do you will be required to cover them up (long sleeves/pants). And also no visible piercings.

Keep in mind, If you were to be accepted and make your 30 days, you may be covering routes at any time of day. If there is no driving work to be had you will more than likely be offered work in the HUB. Keep in mind, you are in a pay progression for 4 years as a driver. So you start at something like $18.50/hr and at the end of 4 years would make what ever top rate is for drivers, which right now is over $35/hr. (OT after 8). That being said, if you make your 30 days you would be a full time employee and if forced to work in the HUB would make top inside rate, which is just a little under top driver rate. You actual would make more to work in the HUB than you would to drive your first couple years.

Is that hub in Carlisle an extension of the one in Harrisburg? I passed by Amazon and saw it the other day