Nervous on banks?

Box Ox

People are hoarding treasuries
That's a very steep price decline in a couple days period for the 2-year note.View attachment 421049

Average rate for a 30-year fixed mortgage also dropped from 6.76% on Friday to 6.57% today. $128 less on the monthly payment for a $500,000 30-year fixed with a 20% down payment.

I thought you can only buy through treasury direct?

I shouldn't have shortened it to "TD" since there's already a TD. I meant Treasury Direct.

Average rate for a 30-year fixed mortgage also dropped from 6.76% on Friday to 6.57% today. $128 less on the monthly payment for a $500,000 30-year fixed with a 20% down payment.

I shouldn't have shortened it to "TD" since there's already a TD. I meant Treasury Direct.
Well interest rate right now is still cheaper than I bought my house almost 30 years ago and that did not stop me from buying it.

The only difference now that housing is become stupidly expensive.

Yes treasury direct also had issues at the end of October when everybody was trying to buy I bonds before they reset the new rates in November 1st.

If you got 2 minutes take the time red this short article

Over70irregs

The last time to your treasury had a big swing like that was right before the crash of 87..
I believe they was the year.
Image.png

1895-Gilded Age(poverty)

1930-Depression

2023-24-??????