New 18 second rule for bulkhead door.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Who ever told you that is full of it. Don't believe everything you hear.......

There is one problem the telematics sensors don't work when the car is off.
You're wrong.

This is basically telemarics 2.0 being implemented. Lots of new reports and stuff they can see.

Telemarics only needs a battery with power to work.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Now we gotta yard out the old paddle to replace the telematics with the new cellular Geotab G07 when things go bad. NEW crap all the time to replace the OLD crap. This is like the third big hardware changeup already.

iowa boy

We have been on Orion for a year. A couple of weeks ago we we're told there was a new report that was going to be hot. If you have 1 package for a stop you have 18 seconds to open your bulk head door, find the package and close your bulk head door. At the end of the day the report will talley up how many times you failed at doing this. On top of this the report will show how long your bulk head door was open all day. If you are at the bottom of the list you will be talked to.
The big offenders are told that if they can't find the package within 18 seconds close the door then reopen it because this resets the clock.
If you have a bulk stop to deliver out the back, keep the bulkhead door closed. (I think this one is a safety issue if it is hot outside not having ventilation.)
Someone needs to make a movie about this job with Orion.

What I find funny about this is the fact that you are told to utilize your 30 inch selection area throughout the day to keep your time in the back to a minimum, but are given no time allowance to move your 5-8 sections to the front of the truck. It doesn't matter if you drive a 500 or a 1200.

You get the same 18 second allowance for an envelope as you do for the 65 pound outdoor loveseat I had to deliver yesterday.

It's your fault if your preloader sucks and you cant find anything.

When I was shown how bad I sucked on this report, I told my bosses that when they give me a perfect lip-loaded PC, no misloads, and no bulk down the middle, I will try and look better on this report, but until that happens, I don't care as their are too many variables involved on a day to day basis.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You get the same 18 second allowance for an envelope as you do for the 65 pound outdoor loveseat I had to deliver yesterday.

The actual time allowance for getting it out is 7 seconds. By giving you 18 seconds they figure they are giving you plenty of cushin. (Managements view not mine)

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm not understanding why anyone cares about their reports. Do your job to the best of your ability and let them worry about their reports. If you're not goofing off then you have nothing to worry about. If they start harassing you, file a harassment grievance.

Man Of Brown

I've been show this report. It even shows what stop numbers you failed to do it in time. There is a report to show how many times you failed to start moving within 4 seconds of starting the package car. Also not sure what it was called but taking too long from hitting stop complete to hitting the ignition button.

Its stupid, you can do things exactly the same way just change your timing of when and you'll stay off the report. Sort and slide packages on multi piece stops, don't start car until you know its clear to go, hit stop complete closer to the car.

Gotta love managements reports

tapatio75

Is going to take more than 10 seconds sometimes trying to unlock the door with the fob, and if it gets stuck or unlock the back door is anothe story

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We have been on Orion for a year. A couple of weeks ago we we're told there was a new report that was going to be hot. If you have 1 package for a stop you have 18 seconds to open your bulk head door, find the package and close your bulk head door. At the end of the day the report will talley up how many times you failed at doing this. On top of this the report will show how long your bulk head door was open all day. If you are at the bottom of the list you will be talked to.
The big offenders are told that if they can't find the package within 18 seconds close the door then reopen it because this resets the clock.
If you have a bulk stop to deliver out the back, keep the bulkhead door closed. (I think this one is a safety issue if it is hot outside not having ventilation.)
Someone needs to make a movie about this job with Orion.

Let them talk. I don't have to listen.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Who ever told you that is full of it. Don't believe everything you hear.......

There is one problem the telematics sensors don't work when the car is off.
Actually, it is true. I overheard a guy on my center being talked to about the same thing yesterday.

Sierra44

Now go home and get yer freakin’ shine box!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't be disciplined based on telematics. Wasn't that an issue agreed upon in our new Master? So if I have to spend 2 minutes climbing over the mess to get to an 8000 at 10am then so be it.

Re-Raise

I find it amazing that with all of this technology that I have never heard one word said to a "bonus baby" about driving the speed limit.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"Why did you have that late air?"
"Well, you see I couldn't find the air, so I had to shut the door to avoid being on the naughty 18 second list"
"Well, now you're on the Late Air list"

........Just trade one yelling for another, it gives the Sup's something to look forward to