New AI Security System coming

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Them main purpose of the badge turnstile is to prevent time theft. Not many people know that it actually records the time you enter and leave the building. So if you’re friend is clocking in for you they will find out.
Will this prevent sups from changing the paid day, stealing from the employees?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think it's mainly an easy way to keep former employees (who may be a violence or theft risk) out of the building and also a way for them to have the information of every person who enters in case something terrible happens.

If a sicko wants to do something terrible there is nothing we can do about it, we have enough evidence to show what kind of damage can be done in less than 5 minutes.

Thief is the real issue for more surveillance and accountability.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
If a sicko wants to do something terrible there is nothing we can do about it, we have enough evidence to show what kind of damage can be done in less than 5 minutes.

Does anybody have any idea how much money UPS loses every year from theft?I know my hub is getting hit hard they just put up new posters increasing the reward to 10k

ResetSouthBelt

I think it's mainly an easy way to keep former employees (who may be a violence or theft risk) out of the building and also a way for them to have the information of every person who enters in case something terrible happens.
I wouldn’t doubt that.....Had an employee at the JaxFL Hub who threatened a whole area of hourly employees and was fired.....Couple years later we got the badges with turnstiles and XRay machines for our coolers and bags

DELACROIX

Does anybody have any idea how much money UPS loses every year from theft?I know my hub is getting hit hard they just put up new posters increasing the reward to 10k

One of the issues with our part timers is retention, so every often we hire bad apples. Some of these kids are so entitled that they think it is OK to nab a cell phone or two thinking that it is a victimless offense and most knows that the worst thing that will happen to them is to lose their slightly over the minimum wage job. The Company will not prosecute these kids when caught it is not worth the effort.

It might change now that the starting hourly rate is increasing.

takesteady

One of the issues with our part timers is retention, so every often we hire bad apples. Some of these kids are so entitled that they think it is OK to nab a cell phone or two thinking that it is a victimless offense and most knows that the worst thing that will happen to them is to lose their slightly over the minimum wage job. The Company will not prosecute these kids when caught it is not worth the effort.

It might change now that the starting hourly rate is increasing.
They do (or rather, the DA does) prosecute and arrest thieves at my hub. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that the police HQ for my city is literally the next building over from my hub.

Just wish at least once they would go in and arrest a supervisor or two for wage theft.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I’ve been researching a company I want to invest in, and there’s a rumor that UPS is going to start using their technology for security purposes. I started the thread to see if anyone has seen them in use.
I believe nothing I hear about this company.

I'd be willing to bet they would go the extra mile to put info out there for employees to capitalize on...

Only to bankrupt it and see employees lose money.

There's a word for it.

I can't say it tho...

Phraust

Wouldn’t even think that’s an issue with the employee id and password now needed to punch in
You mean the 7-8 digit number that you then use the last 4 digits of to clock in? 🤣 At least that's how my center still does it, employee IDs aren't even always that well protected, few weeks back somehow they added a column(most like accidentally Unhid it) to the start time posting that also showed the employee IDs for each individual!
All they do here is flash your badge at some dude that doesn’t even look at you. Hell of an operation.
Better then we've got it, no fence, no guard, only recently had a few surveillance cameras installed.
Not sure how your area handles it but in my building if it's believed they've stolen on more then one occasion the local PD is contacted and they're often removed from the property by the cops, have easily seen at least a half dozen people during my tenure hauled off for theft. Never for the few scuffles/assaults/destruction of property though.

quad decade guy

Oh? Nothing? Actually we just about do nothing because of cost.

I was told the other day that Corporate was looking to reduce "security" at our building.

Security is lax because of cost.

People get killed because of cost/money.

Follow the money.

DELACROIX

Oh? Nothing? Actually we just about do nothing because of cost.

I was told the other day that Corporate was looking to reduce "security" at our building.

Security is lax because of cost.

People get killed because of cost/money.

Follow the money.

I remember watching a law enforcement video years ago when this workplace shootings just started. Very well done, they showed what could happen if a nut case walked through your security point, a police officer acted as the shooter. First thing he did was to take out the armed guard, then it was easy pickings, scared the dickens out of me just how simple it was. There is no sure preventive method to keep this from happening..the only way to survive is to run and hide or try to rush the assailant hoping they do not have any previous military or law enforcement training.

textat3

This is a good thing. We have the traditional walk through, airport style security machine and feeder drivers and center managers keep getting stuck in it.