New blood pressure guidelines DOT

vantexan

"In 2007, an expert panel assembled by the University of Maryland's Center for Food, Nutrition and Agriculture Policy reviewed the links between HFCS and obesity and concluded there was no ecological validity in the association between rising body mass indexes (a measure of obesity) and the consumption of HFCS. The panel stated that since the ratio of fructose to glucose had not changed substantially in the United States since the 1960s when HFCS was introduced, the changes in obesity rates were probably not due to HFCS specifically, but rather a greater consumption of calories overall."

"In 2009 the American Medical Association published a review article on HFCS and concluded it was unlikely that HFCS contributed more to obesity or other health conditions than sucrose, and there was insufficient evidence to suggest warning about or restricting use of HFCS or other fructose-containing sweeteners in foods."

"Epidemiological research has suggested that the increase in metabolic disorders like obesity and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is linked to increased consumption of sugars and/or calories in general and not due to any special effect of HFCS"

"A 2014 systematic review found little evidence for an association between HFCS consumption and liver diseases, enzyme levels or fat content."

"A 2012 review found that fructose did not appear to cause weight gain when it replaced other carbohydrates in diets with similar calories."

"Another study compared similar intakes of honey, white cane sugar, and HFCS, showing similar rises in both blood sugar level and triglycerides."

"Numerous agencies in the United States recommend reducing the consumption of all sugars, including HFCS, without singling it out as presenting extra concerns. "

" The Mayo Clinic cites the American Heart Association's recommendation that women limit the added sugar in their diet to 100 calories a day (~6 teaspoons) and that men limit it to 150 calories a day (~9 teaspoons), noting that there is not enough evidence to support HFCS having more adverse health effects than excess consumption of any other type of sugar."

"The United States departments of Agriculture and Health and Human Services recommendations for a healthy diet state that consumption of all types of added sugars be reduced."

Yawn.
"In 2007, an expert panel assembled by the University of Maryland's Center for Food, Nutrition and Agriculture Policy reviewed the links between HFCS and obesity and concluded there was no ecological validity in the association between rising body mass indexes (a measure of obesity) and the consumption of HFCS. The panel stated that since the ratio of fructose to glucose had not changed substantially in the United States since the 1960s when HFCS was introduced, the changes in obesity rates were probably not due to HFCS specifically, but rather a greater consumption of calories overall."

"In 2009 the American Medical Association published a review article on HFCS and concluded it was unlikely that HFCS contributed more to obesity or other health conditions than sucrose, and there was insufficient evidence to suggest warning about or restricting use of HFCS or other fructose-containing sweeteners in foods."

"Epidemiological research has suggested that the increase in metabolic disorders like obesity and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease is linked to increased consumption of sugars and/or calories in general and not due to any special effect of HFCS"

"A 2014 systematic review found little evidence for an association between HFCS consumption and liver diseases, enzyme levels or fat content."

"A 2012 review found that fructose did not appear to cause weight gain when it replaced other carbohydrates in diets with similar calories."

"Another study compared similar intakes of honey, white cane sugar, and HFCS, showing similar rises in both blood sugar level and triglycerides."

"Numerous agencies in the United States recommend reducing the consumption of all sugars, including HFCS, without singling it out as presenting extra concerns. "

" The Mayo Clinic cites the American Heart Association's recommendation that women limit the added sugar in their diet to 100 calories a day (~6 teaspoons) and that men limit it to 150 calories a day (~9 teaspoons), noting that there is not enough evidence to support HFCS having more adverse health effects than excess consumption of any other type of sugar."

"The United States departments of Agriculture and Health and Human Services recommendations for a healthy diet state that consumption of all types of added sugars be reduced."

Yawn.
A lot more out there arguing against it and considering everything else that goes on in the world there's just too much money at stake to eliminate it. Tin foil hat me on this one, I don't trust the government with the money thrown at them.

Reply if you want, but I'm off to live in a beach town on the Black Sea. Moving day, ta ta!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not to mention you think they're stupid. What about people who grow up in an economically depressed area who hang on taking anything they can get? Are they stupid? People who live in large metro areas with options might think it's like that everywhere because it's what they know. In too many places, especially after factories shut down, the only option for most is fast food jobs, maybe FedEx Ground. Of course if all they wanted was a factory job they probably are stupid according to folks like you. Again, happy to use those folks for low paying jobs to make shareholders money, but look down your noses at them for doing so. Arrogance.

This post has it all. You accuse me of thinking some people are stupid, then you create all sorts of reasons for their plights, criticize me based on your assumptions of what you think my assumptions are, toss in your shareholder nonsense, and then call me arrogant for a bunch of stuff you just made up.

Beautiful!

vantexan

It's great that you're lecturing a guy who lives in the south and is surrounded by acres and acres of unused farmland (crop prices are too low to justify working the land) about the scarcity of farmland. It doesn't help that NEW FREAKING MEXICO is your example.
Hmmm, crop prices are too low. And yet you expect to keep vegetable prices low for everyone? Why would they work that farmland to get low prices? Economics 103.

59 Dano

A lot more out there arguing against it and considering everything else that goes on in the world there's just too much money at stake to eliminate it. Tin foil hat me on this one, I don't trust the government with the money thrown at them.

Funny you should mention that. I almost concluded with a joke about how you'll accuse the sources of being influenced by the HFCS lobby or something of that nature. Now I wish I had done so!

Reply if you want, but I'm off to live in a beach town on the Black Sea. Moving day, ta ta!

And you'll be back, just like always.

vantexan

This post has it all. You accuse me of thinking some people are stupid, then you create all sorts of reasons for their plights, criticize me based on your assumptions of what you think my assumptions are, toss in your shareholder nonsense, and then call me arrogant for a bunch of stuff you just made up.

Beautiful!
Nah, I didn't create their plight, it's reality for too many people. And people like you think they're stupid. It comes through in so many of your posts. Arrogance.

59 Dano

Hmmm, crop prices are too low. And yet you expect to keep vegetable prices low for everyone? Why would they work that farmland to get low prices? Economics 103.

I guess the voices in your head are talking to you again. Never said such a thing.