New board software

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Posts are now squeezed on the right side, talking up only half the screen and are elongated when viewing on an iphone vertically. Horizontally it returns to the typical size.

Future

Victory Ride
:beersmiley::beersmiley::beersmiley::beersmiley::beersmiley:
In just wondering how this Xenforo board software is working for everyone. All browsers I've tried on my windows laptop work well with it and it looks great on my android tablet and my droid phone if I use Chrome but it flakes out for me on the android devices when using the latest version of Firefox.

I really like this.
I am just wondering how someone just "in wonders"

How Now Brown Cow

It is a rollover function.
Move your mouse over the line directly under a post and you will see a bunch of icons pop up.
Like is the thumbs up icon.
nothing pops up. I promise. Could it have to do with me being on a newbie status? my posts still have to wait to be moderated too

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
nothing pops up. I promise. Could it have to do with me being on a newbie status? my posts still have to wait to be moderated too
Ooooops :blushing2:

I forgot to enable likes for new users. It should show up now in the full version of the site. It's not available if you're using one of the apps.

over9five

Staff member
Posts are now squeezed on the right side, talking up only half the screen and are elongated when viewing on an iphone vertically. Horizontally it returns to the typical size.
Me too. And my browser takes a dive when I try to post. Worked quite well before.
Just downloaded the app, but I liked the mobile type version better.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
hmmm, it may be the extra css that makes the avatars bigger. I'll get rid of it, please let me know if that fixes it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Me too. And my browser takes a dive when I try to post. Worked quite well before.
Just downloaded the app, but I liked the mobile type version better.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

Added a template edit and changed the css to something someone posted on the xenforo forum.

Seems to have fixed the animated gifs issue. Fingers crossed that it also fixed the problem you guys are experiencing. Please let me know.

cino321

Cheryl, what are your thoughts on the font for the forum?

I've noticed the Times New Roman font takes more effort to read than the old font, it may be the fact that I'm not used to it yet, not sure.

Other than that looks great, especially with the recent contrast color change.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl, what are your thoughts on the font for the forum?

I've noticed the Times New Roman font takes more effort to read than the old font, it may be the fact that I'm not used to it yet, not sure.

Other than that looks great, especially with the recent contrast color change.
How about a serif font for headlines and sans serif for the body? It would be easier on the eyes.

I'll fumble around in the admin panel and see what we can do about this.

over9five

Staff member
..... Fingers crossed that it also fixed the problem you guys are experiencing. Please let me know.

Still does it. Tried clearing cache first.
Everything looks fine on the home page and the forum page. It is only when you open a thread that it happens. Hope this helps.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
I took a look at my phone and see what you mean. It looks like using bigger avatars and animated gifs as avatars changes the way the forum displays on small devices.

I'll ask the guy that posted the edits on xenforo's forum if there's another way to fix the avatars.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Changed the css and added a template to make it responsive that someone posted on the xenforo forum. This fixed it on my Galaxy s4. Fingers crossed it works for you guys.