New branding!

Exec32

What measurements are their to compare the 2?
1) DOT accident figures and Data. We have fallen behind.
2) Last year's peak season numbers. We lost
3) Resolving complaints. It takes at least 3 departments and multiple people to get you a complaint or address a customer request. Doubt that is the case at UPS.
4) OVERALL fleet, do I really need to go there (appearance)
By the way that is not a fair reflection on your ISP, unfortunately it will be taken as that because that will be a reflection X, the only name we carry.

Exec32

You obviously haven't been involved in the lawsuits like I was- going from fighting for employment rights against fedex all the way to the state court of appeals and winning as an individual, and then being a named plaintiff in the national lawsuit. As employees of a contractor, ground drivers can be placed under the control issues that previously were the problem. Fedex has completely eliminated the control issue by in effect making the contractors into delivery franchises. The ISP model isn't understood by most express drivers, but in effect all drivers will be employees, just like the burger flipper at McDonalds is an employee even if the owner of that franchise isn't an employee. That burger flipper is under complete control.

Fedex has completely eliminated the control issue by in effect making the contractors into delivery franchises.
??????????
So I can collect money directly from the consumer and allocate an agreed percent back to X. (Royalty) when does that start?

Exec32

Fedex has completely eliminated the control issue by in effect making the contractors into delivery franchises.
??????????
So I can collect money directly from the consumer and allocate an agreed percent back to X. (Royalty) when does that start?
X structure ,more like a timeshare...

Exec32

Really??? How are you doing this without breaking the law? I don't think I have ever seen a ground vehicle or trailer with placards. Sounds like you don't know what your talking about, or you don't know how to it safely. Obviously your not qualified or you would know better.
X breaks the law all the time

FedGT

Th

That argument is solid, but the margin continues to shrink, and liabilities keep going up, at some point X will decide that it's preservation of its brand and intense scrutiny of its operating arrangements will succumb to on going pressures.
You do know they can still make a LOT of money if they adapt.

The main take away with this is that our margin is shrinking not theirs. That is what is important. They could careless how much we make.

bacha29

X structure ,more like a timeshare...
Pal, you are already answering your own posts. If you keep this up you will plain and simply lose your mind. Once in place express will off load from the plane then bring it to the terminals where contractors will take it from the terminal to the final destination. The reverse will occur with the outbound and yes they will have placards on the trucks. So if you have 5 routes now it will mean going up to somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 maybe 18. You will no doubt have to pay more for labor along with shorter delivery windows and more time specific deliveries. With the exception of maybe Xpress saver and 3 day business coming over to you in about 2 years nothing major will occur for the first 5 years. In the meantime, stockpile cash then when the big outlays come in order to get compliant and up to scale you can then decide if it's worth it or find some other poor unsuspecting slob to sell it to. In the meantime quit your worrying deal with what you have in front of you and in about 2-3 years you will begin to see what this new configuration is going to look like. The current express guys need to do same thing. Wait until you see how this plays out while at the same time hope for the best but plan for the worst.

Exec32

Look you are smart, and really I'm just speculating, but X will have to rely on hundreds of entities (contractor) to provide comparable level of service as other national competitors for them to avoid taking all services under an employee structure. Do you believe that given the number of ISP/ENTITIES out there, X can:
1 remain reliable
2 improve or protect its brand
3 starve off the DOL/IRS and any other group
X may be able to, but it is going to cost them MUCH more than what is given to ISPs now, and will they be ready to accept the inefficiencies and problems as a result while increasing their costs?

Purplepackage

A friend of mines from FedEx corparate Send me this,the official re-organization.
She also mention the official cross-OpCo uniforms will surprise many stay tune.
Many more surprises instore for all of us some good some bad and some really stupid.

Does anybody have an idea what Genco actually does? There is a warehouse on a route i cover that ships 20-30 boxes of Kind granola bars express everyday but all i knew was that fedex owns them

Gone fishin

Pal, you are already answering your own posts. If you keep this up you will plain and simply lose your mind. Once in place express will off load from the plane then bring it to the terminals where contractors will take it from the terminal to the final destination. The reverse will occur with the outbound and yes they will have placards on the trucks. So if you have 5 routes now it will mean going up to somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 maybe 18. You will no doubt have to pay more for labor along with shorter delivery windows and more time specific deliveries. With the exception of maybe Xpress saver and 3 day business coming over to you in about 2 years nothing major will occur for the first 5 years. In the meantime, stockpile cash then when the big outlays come in order to get compliant and up to scale you can then decide if it's worth it or find some other poor unsuspecting slob to sell it to. In the meantime quit your worrying deal with what you have in front of you and in about 2-3 years you will begin to see what this new configuration is going to look like. The current express guys need to do same thing. Wait until you see how this plays out while at the same time hope for the best but plan for the worst.[/QUOTE. I'm with ya. Things will be exactly the same for a long time. I don't worry about anything. Although I only have a few years left and the wife does quite well.
The only thing I disagree with is defintely without question no contractors in express. Way
To risky

Exec32

They are like Amazon. They wholesale multiple vendor supplies and products. I believe they house much of it in their own warehouse's

bbsam

Staff member
Look you are smart, and really I'm just speculating, but X will have to rely on hundreds of entities (contractor) to provide comparable level of service as other national competitors for them to avoid taking all services under an employee structure. Do you believe that given the number of ISP/ENTITIES out there, X can:
1 remain reliable
X may be able to, but it is going to cost them MUCH more than what is given to ISPs now, and will they be ready to accept the inefficiencies and problems as a result while increasing their costs?
If they have done so this long why not ramp it up further over the next few years?

Gone fishin

1 remain reliable
X may be able to, but it is going to cost them MUCH more thawhat is given to ISPs now, and will they be ready to accept the inefficiencies and problems as a result while increasing their costs?
Didn't express make 10 cents in the dollar ?

Exec32

If they have done so this long why not ramp it up further over the next few years?
I think there is an acceptable amount they will pay us, but will we all perform?
Will X be willing to risks their brand on us, pay us more and reduce control?
We can do anything with the right amount money. The last part is will it satisfy legal pressures?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I think there is an acceptable amount they will pay us, but will we all perform?
Will X be willing to risks their brand on us, pay us more and reduce control?
We can do anything with the right amount money. The last part is will it satisfy legal pressures?

One reason they might re-brand is Ground's horrendous safety record. People see a Ground tractor-trailer, and fear for their lives because it's likely to be upside down in a ditch within 5 minutes, running with a drugged driver, or suffering from some horrific mechanical malady, like not properly securing your converter dolly.

By making us all the "same" they confuse the customer further, but also align themselves with the better (albeit, worsening by the second) Express reputation.

bacha29

1 remain reliable
As long as Ground continues to produce returns that are more than double the industry average they will try to maximize it's capabilities in every sector of the industry in which it can prove itself to be the best option. The pressure to achieve that objective will fall onto the logistics people. In the meantime all you have to do every morning is to throw some boxes on the truck and go for a ride . There will be legal challenges in the future ,always have been always will be. It will be up to the courts to decide those matters. In the meantime focus on what you can control as well as how long you're willing to be totally subjugated to the absolute will and power of that company.

Exec32

As long as Ground continues to produce returns that are more than double the industry average they will try to maximize it's capabilities in every sector of the industry in which it can prove itself to be the best option. The pressure to achieve that objective will fall onto the logistics people. In the meantime all you have to do every morning is to throw some boxes on the truck and go for a ride . There will be legal challenges in the future ,always have been always will be. It will be up to the courts to decide those matters. In the meantime focus on what you can control as well as how long you're willing to be totally subjugated to the absolute will and power of that company.
That is probably why the real investor owner will look elsewhere for ownership opportunities.
Well said,,,,,,uncertainty has never been in short supply with this dream

Exec32

One reason they might re-brand is Ground's horrendous safety record. People see a Ground tractor-trailer, and fear for their lives because it's likely to be upside down in a ditch within 5 minutes, running with a drugged driver, or suffering from some horrific mechanical malady, like not properly securing your converter dolly.

By making us all the "same" they confuse the customer further, but also align themselves with the better (albeit, worsening by the second) Express reputation.
Good point.
Figure I'll blame most complaints on express if they don't have a truck or license number.