New Contract- Pay Progression

HardknocksUPSer

I'm thinking shorter progression for new drivers. $20-25 an hour is still a lot of money to a part timer making $10-$11 an hour for crappy 4am work. Especially to those who have never been paid at a driver rate. Make it 2-3 years to $25 top rate and part timers who vote for it will be enough to push it through.
I'm young but not a :censored2:, if I want crap money I would have went to fedex, UPS pays so well because they work you harder than fedex does, goodluck finding people to work that hard for less money, unless of course they start hiring illegals.

Inthegame

I'm not talking about progression I'm talking about full scale.
I know what you're talking about. The union continues to negotiate big money in benefit increases along with wages. The total per week increase in bennys is $200 per member per week by the end of this deal. If all the big bad union wanted was dues, they easily could have let bennys drop and put the increase into wages.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know what you're talking about. The union continues to negotiate big money in benefit increases along with wages. The total per week increase in bennys is $200 per member per week by the end of this deal. If all the big bad union wanted was dues, they easily could have let bennys drop and put the increase into wages.
No I understand and I hope it keeps up.

I'm saying push comes to shove I think our benefits decrease before wages.

Unless of course the union makes more skimming benefit money from us than they do off union dues......