New contract question

Days

when go into a new job, you used to start at the "seniority rate" which was higher than the starting rate if you had been with the company for at least a year.

I noticed in the new contract the seniority rate was replaced with "12 months" but the contract later still mentions starting at the seniority rate.

If someone can clarify that'd be great. One less year I have to go through to reach top rate would be nice.

542thruNthru

when go into a new job, you used to start at the "seniority rate" which was higher than the starting rate if you had been with the company for at least a year.

I noticed in the new contract the seniority rate was replaced with "12 months" but the contract later still mentions starting at the seniority rate.

If someone can clarify that'd be great. One less year I have to go through to reach top rate would be nice.

I'd love to help you but I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you explain it a little better?

Days

I'd love to help you but I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you explain it a little better?

I wish I could quote it from the contract but don't know how from my phone. Pretty much "seniority rate" was crossed out with 12 months. But in the next paragraph it says that you would start at the seniority rate.

Poop Head

Judge me.

Engrish prease?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
You used to get a raise after you reached seniority. 30 days. They eliminated that raise. You still have a 4yr progression

542thruNthru

I wish I could quote it from the contract but don't know how from my phone. Pretty much "seniority rate" was crossed out with 12 months. But in the next paragraph it says that you would start at the seniority rate.

Google how to take a screen shot and then upload it here. Other then that I'm still confused.

Days

Nvm I reread and figured it out.

"Upon ratification of the new contract". Are we still working under the last contract? If I'm hired now do I enter the progression of this contract or the progression of the new one?

WTFm8

Nvm I reread and figured it out.

"Upon ratification of the new contract". Are we still working under the last contract? If I'm hired now do I enter the progression of this contract or the progression of the new one?

You’ll be paid under the current extended contract but get retro-pay for the difference once contract and all supplements pass.

Days

You’ll be paid under the current extended contract but get retro-pay for the difference once contract and all supplements pass.

Wondering more about the time it takes to reach top rate. Current contract it's 2 while the new contract its 4 years.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Wondering more about the time it takes to reach top rate. Current contract it's 2 while the new contract its 4 years.

Air driver. Ah! If you became an air driver after August 1st and the contract is settled within the next two years, you will have a 4 year progression. Until the contract starts, you work under the terms of the last contract. If you started before August 1st, you should still be on a 2 year progression.

CoolStoryBro

You will go to 13.00 an hour when the contract(s) pass. Then get the general wage increase every year. Your rate should be 17.05 at the end of the new contract (I believe the GWI equals 4.05 an hour).

There is no top rate for part time unless you have been here 30 or 40 years as a part timer.

542thruNthru

Were you a air driver before Aug 1st of this year?
Screenshot_20181009-210050.png

Days

Air driver. Ah! If you became an air driver after August 1st and the contract is settled within the next two years, you will have a 4 year progression. Until the contract starts, you work under the terms of the last contract. If you started before August 1st, you should still be on a 2 year progression.

Nice so this means that any air drivers in progression until this new contract is ratified will be given a 2 year progression?