New contract question

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Then no you will not hit top rate in 2 years. It will be 4 years. Sorry man.

I don't know the precedence for what happens if the contract is delayed for two years (imagine an injunction, or drawn out negotiations on supplementals that failed), though. If he hits top scale under the old contract before the new contract actually goes into effect, would he take a pay cut? Would he get red circled? I asked my BA a hypothetical about just such a situation once, he had no idea.

Maplewood

when go into a new job, you used to start at the "seniority rate" which was higher than the starting rate if you had been with the company for at least a year.

I noticed in the new contract the seniority rate was replaced with "12 months" but the contract later still mentions starting at the seniority rate.

If someone can clarify that'd be great. One less year I have to go through to reach top rate would be nice.
No such thing as "senority rate." Its usally starting rate, progression, or top rate. Maybe some weird rates for part-time jobs.

542thruNthru

I don't know the precedence for what happens if the contract is delayed for two years (imagine an injunction, or drawn out negotiations on supplementals that failed), though. If he hits top scale under the old contract before the new contract actually goes into effect, would he take a pay cut? Would he get red circled? I asked my BA a hypothetical about just such a situation once, he had no idea.

Well for one I doubt the contract would take 2 years. They would more then likely impose any supplement longer before 2 years.

I'd imagine you'd be red circled at your rate. Also top rate would be 26.74 for him after 2 years under the old contract. So they would more then likely make him finish the other 2 years to make 34.79

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Holy crap! If air drivers are going to be making 35 bucks by the end of the contract, I'm putting my name on that list. Hopefully a full time air driver job opens up soon.

542thruNthru

Holy crap! If air drivers are going to be making 35 bucks by the end of the contract, I'm putting my name on that list. Hopefully a full time air driver job opens up soon.

Yet we can't even pay 22.4s that much.

Sorry my mistake that's exactly what they will make. Lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Well for one I doubt the contract would take 2 years. They would more then likely impose any supplement longer before 2 years.

I'd imagine you'd be red circled at your rate. Also top rate would be 26.74 for him after 2 years under the old contract. So they would more then likely make him finish the other 2 years to make 34.79

I'm holding out hope that there is enough evidence to trigger an NLRB investigation into the union's shenanigans.

542thruNthru

I'm holding out hope that there is enough evidence to trigger an NLRB investigation into the union's shenanigans.

5277044468_ccc7288738_b.jpg

Days

would you start at the starting wage or what? Or would you get the rate that you are doing now?

Mooseknuckle

Can I point out this is for a full-time air driver. Are you actually going to be full time? I was under the impression they were going to refrain from hiring them for a while, at least in my area. What region?

Days

Can I point out this is for a full-time air driver. Are you actually going to be full time? I was under the impression they were going to refrain from hiring them for a while, at least in my area. What region?

yes Central. There's been like 3 posted in the last month

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
would you start at the starting wage or what? Or would you get the rate that you are doing now?

You only go through a full time progression once. If you top out as an air driver, then win a ground bid, you'll start at top rate. That may be the main reason the progression is changing to match ground. It works the other way too. If I became a full time air driver, I would be at top rate for air drivers. It would be a pay cut, but air driving is so cake, it'd be worth it. Almost as nice as going feeders.