New definition of a "good" load

iruhnman630

Our preload started the new scanning 1 week before peak started so needless to say they were spending the first week scanning instead of loading and loading at maybe 70% of their possible maximum rate on week 1, when they needed to be at 100%.

Well on Friday, when we got on the belt and they sent the loaders home, my loader pointed to the approximately 70 unsorted smalls piled on and below my 8000 shelf and said "these are all scanned, so you should be good."

Thats right, kids.

The new definition of a good load is that every package in your car got scanned. Actual preloading is no longer necessary.

barnyard

KTM rider
Well on Friday, when we got on the belt and they sent the loaders home, my loader pointed to the approximately 70 unsorted smalls piled on and below my 8000 shelf and said "these are all scanned, so you should be good."

That will be your new Friday load. I see it all the time on Fridays. Get to the truck and there are 2-4 totes of smalls, "scanned and waiting to be loaded." Usually half of my surepost bags are piled outside the back too.

The plus side is that misloads are way, way, way down. Less than 1 a week if they use the scanner. 1 a day if the scanner use is iffy.

542thruNthru

That will be your new Friday load. I see it all the time on Fridays. Get to the truck and there are 2-4 totes of smalls, "scanned and waiting to be loaded." Usually half of my surepost bags are piled outside the back too.

The plus side is that misloads are way, way, way down. Less than 1 a week if they use the scanner. 1 a day if the scanner use is iffy.

Fridays are ridiculous now. They just want them off the clock. I've gotten to the point where I reload a good portion of my truck right there in the building.

I've forced management to confront the PT sups allowing the preloaders to go home because their slides are clean even though all they have done is throw it all in the truck.

Though it doesn't work during peak when there are no commit times. :(

Air Recovery

Actually M-T I usually have a pretty good load. Nothing will ever be perfect that's asking way to much if a preloader to be honest.

My pre loader is a doll. She tries really hard on my truck. I also reward her with the occasional starbucks and i help her in the mornings when i get there. My load personally is almost always acceptable.

My neighbors' trucks are tornado zones

KoennenTiger

When we first got the scanners misloads were way down. Then they went right back to normal. And when we first got the scanners preload couldn't finish loading. Then they went back to normal. My center mngr told me that they use the scanners to "hold the drivers responsible" for what's "on their trucks". Extra fun when they scan something on your truck, misload it to your neighbor, and he smokes it.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
The scanners rank right up there with ORION.....it means well but truly is a friend-in nightmare.

Initially they wanted the pre-load to have like a 95% scan rate, problem is the scanners are slow so that resulted in giant stacks.

So they attempted to solve that problem by slowing the belt speed. Well that just dragged out the pre-load well pass our start times.

So current solution seems to just not give a * and go back to the old way, which is to just throw the stuff in.

Bottom line is that treat your loaders like the mob, pay for protection every week and you’ll be fine.

Last edited by a moderator:

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
No matter what route I’m running, if I’m missing a package I know to check the 8000 shelf first. Getting scans and getting packages in the truck has take precedent over actual loading.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Last month was a dream: The peak dispath plan for my routes was simply a static sequence arrangement. Day after christmas it goes back to assigning one address a random hin number like some carnival game.
What do they think they are accomplishing when neither the preloader nor the driver know where an address is loaded.
Assigning floor stops is a waste of space.
And could they put any meaningful information into the scanner? I would love it to tell me the recorded piece count or weight but all it does is scan crap.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They're talking about getting us those stupid scanners at my building soon and I am really dreading it man.
Might have to quit.
U have union protection, don't sweat it. Just get the box to the right route.

FXG have them for years & they still mis load daily at my terminal.

I'm glad I preload my own cargo, so I don't take them for a ride.

I'll also be missing stuff because the preloader will actually put a box or three to my neighboring routes by accident after scanning

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Our Preload is a Tuesday-Saturday operation, so Monday is a joke. They are short staffed on Monday, so I have a different Preloader every time. I see our air driver about every Monday, she come gets the missorts off of me.