UPS old school

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That was after they changed the paper records to mimic the 1Z labels and took a lot longer
Yes, that sucked. Especially when some 1Zs wouldn’t scan. I had a bulk stop at a plant nursery that would not scan, I wrote the shipper number only, no 1Z. They weren’t happy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, that sucked. Especially when some 1Zs wouldn’t scan. I had a bulk stop at a plant nursery that would not scan, I wrote the shipper number only, no 1Z. They weren’t happy.
The one part of paper records that I did like was not having to write the shipper more than once for a multiple package shipment from the same shipper. 3 digit package ID. Much quicker.

UPSBD

Supa Star
1642129471055.png

Should be issued in some areas.

Like Chicago to stay safe from the "community organizers".

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Then again, we are not their customer. The shipper is their customer. So, they apparently don’t consider the delivery recipient to be of any concern.

And when a shipper loses a customer because of poor service or a wise ass driver , nobody wins ,, but go ahead Dave , I know you'll have an answer to that also

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
  1. Pagers
  2. Three-hour lunches before pickups if you really ran your butt off.
  3. "Signature required" hot sheet of hot chick stops in every Pkg car for swing drivers.
  4. Sups trying to walk on your heels to get you to walk faster and suddenly having to tie a shoelace....
  5. Ditching a distracted Sup during an OJS ride by leaving from a different exit.
  6. Starting in 2nd with no clutch.
  7. Somehow losing the cushion from the jump seat after Peak.
  8. When every Sup, even P/T, wore dress clothes and a tie.
  9. When customers knew their Driver and had their back. One even banned a Sup from the property, even putting his picture up to be trespassed because of how he harassed 'their' Driver.
  10. Power taps off the bulkhead door light for your boombox.
  11. Hearing your P1000 Pkg car throw a whole shelf on the floor if you went over a speed bump the wrong way.
  12. Boston clips
  13. Listening to Gateway or Dell CRT monitors drop from the belt four stories up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Back then the Center Manager told the customer to use another carrier if they had a complaint. Knowing there was only the PO. Now an anomalous complaint will see you fighting for your job. UPS can replace a $40/hr delivery driver with a $20/hr new hire tomorrow.
Unless it was a racist or an over the top threat no employee going to get walked out because a customer cried about something one of our people did…seen some dumb asses say some pretty stupid and crazy sht and still kept their job… mostly stupid sexual talk from some of our dudes who think they are Rico Suave’s brother..

oldngray

nowhere special
Unless it was a racist or an over the top threat no employee going to get walked out because a customer cried about something one of our people did…seen some dumb asses say some pretty stupid and crazy sht and still kept their job… mostly stupid sexual talk from some of our dudes who think they are Rico Suave’s brother..
All that would happen is you would get another note in your file. Didn't matter whether it was true or not.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
All that would happen is you would get another note in your file. Didn't matter whether it was true or not.
In my experience some of that was employees who were flirting with drivers or the other way around… a lot of he said she said stuff…that just gets put into the high school drama files…I’m glad I never dated any of my customers while In pkg

Overpaid Union Thug

And when a shipper loses a customer because of poor service or a wise ass driver , nobody wins ,, but go ahead Dave , I know you'll have an answer to that also
The writer basically threw a tantrum because his driver didn’t give him special treatment. And made one apples to oranges comparison after another. Typical entitled clown.