New driver failure rate

Future

Victory Ride
IDK when i come home I am very quiet ....really dont like to talk much.....GF ....spouse....whoever doesnt really understand it......its nothing against them....its just where the job puts my mindset

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

IDK when i come home I am very quiet ....really dont like to talk much.....GF ....spouse....whoever doesnt really understand it......its nothing against them....its just where the job puts my mindset

My ex, who is an RN in the ER, needed an hour or so to unwind when she got home.

JL 0513

I was a blank slate when I started my 30 days. Talk about a miracle to have made it my first go round. It's important to be liked by the center manager and the center manager to want you as a driver. That's why it's important to be a good part timer and prove yourself there. If I hadn't proven myself the years as a PT'er, I may not have made it.

I had to work literally twice as fast my first week just to compensate for zero knowledge. Even the area was an area I had never even passed through before in my life making it that much harder.

They have to see that the potential is in the candidate even if you look like a loser the first week. All the stuff a driver eventually learns to do to save time he isn't doing at first. There's so many tricks to the trade that are learned later that's it's a wonder that any new driver ever finishes a day.

Future

Victory Ride
My ex, who is an RN in the ER, needed an hour or so to unwind when she got home.
Fully understand that....we most of the time r only awake a couple hrs then off to bed....doesnt leave much time to converse........right now i am doing 3 things at once chatting on here ....talking to deb(as she sews LOL) and watching football....and can fullly follow all 3 ......during the week after work 1 is hard to do ....maybe just me

T

Turdferguson

60179601.jpg

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Key element ....that does take time to learn though....they dont see it at first as being important

It was one of the first things my very first on car taught me.

Pickups start in the 1000 section and work their way around the car as I finish my deliveries.

Air goes in the 6999 section.

Exceptions go in the 2000 section.

All of the paperwork is done on road.

When I park my pkg car it takes less than 2 minutes for my turn in as it is all done on road.

T

Turdferguson

I know drivers that have been with UPS for years and every time you go meet them to take there air or help them it looks like a bomb went off in the back of there package car.
I have never had to meet and help a driver who had an organized package car

Future

Victory Ride

Pickups start in the 1000 section and work their way around the car as I finish my deliveries.

When I park my pkg car it takes less than 2 minutes for my turn in as it is all done on road.
Some reason i put exceptions in 3000 section no idea y ...

UPSGUY72

I keep the 1000 and 2000 section clear as I work out of those sections all day.

Sending again go on the floor behind the driver under the 4000 section.

I put Exceptions in the 4000 section.

Air and Internationals go either in the 6999 or 8999 or both sections.

Smalls go right behind the air in a tote.

All other pick ups go where ever they fit.

Paper work gets done sometime before I punch out.

It takes me about 5 -7 minutes from park time to punch out time that includes unloading air, internationals and smalls plus time to wash up and put the paper work where it goes and talk to to my SUP if they are still there.