New Driver Gets Fired For Positive Drug Sample!

QKRSTKR

I've held a cdl since i was in pkgs and never had to drug test. Now that I'm in feeders it's a random test. Your number comes up, you pee.

definitly missing a lot of original whole story on this one. We had a guy who ups found out had a possession warrant against him. They then made him go pee test. He lost his job at panel. He of course tested positive. They had a right to test him because of possession warrant.

PT Car Washer

This is not true. I just went through the most stringent one, I think they have ever given, and no pee left my body in the name of UPS.
Was the evaluation for physical or mental reasons or would you rather not say. Had a Preloader acting all weird and manager made him go through it. Tested hot. Later he died, either acidental OD or not.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Was the evaluation for physical or mental reasons or would you rather not say. Had a Preloader acting all weird and manager made him go through it. Tested hot. Later he died, either acidental OD or not.
I have had 4 surgeries for a work injury. I have been in physical therapy, and went to the UPS dr to get a release. No pee left my body in the name of UPS. If you are whacked out on drugs, they can test. If not, they can't. They must have a reason to test in package.

No matter how strange I appear to some on here, I am not insane or under the influence of any illegal substances.

PT Car Washer

I have had 4 surgeries for a work injury. I have been in physical therapy, and went to the UPS dr to get a release. No pee left my body in the name of UPS. If you are whacked out on drugs, they can test. If not, they can't. They must have a reason to test in package.

No matter how strange I appear to some on here, I am not insane or under the influence of any illegal substances.
I never thought so. I agree with must have a reason to test.

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
I failed a mandatory hiring drug test many years ago because I had eaten a few Poppyseed muffins either the day before or that morning. I can't remember when exactly I ate them, but I tested positive for Opiates and failed the drug test, thus, did not get that job at the time.

If you think this is BS, watch the "Mythbusters" episode where they tested this. Myth confirmed. Poppyseed does make you test positive for opiates. I know it sure did for me. I was notified that I failed the test, Opiates positive.

Funny thing, I don't really like Poppyseed. Just happened to have the muffins that one time. Oh well, I probably would have been fired from that job anyway.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I failed a mandatory hiring drug test many years ago because I had eaten a few Poppyseed muffins either the day before or that morning. I can't remember when exactly I ate them, but I tested positive for Opiates and failed the drug test, thus, did not get that job at the time.

That is a episode from Seinfeld.

-Bug-

gingerkat

First of all the DOT does the panel 5 test and it only will confirm certain things. If you are on a particular opiate, and it does not fall on the list, then you will be fine. A test other than this panel 5, must ask for a particular substance.

People get all amped up over things. If you are under a doctors orders, look at the federal DOT website for banned substances. Next talk to your physician if you are taking one of those drugs. Poppyseeds? I'm not going to comment, but really? I've been drug tested and I eat poppy seeds all the time and guess what, my doctor never asked me if I was taking heroin. Sorry, sounds like a load of bs to me.

If you are taking a substance illegally, well boo friend'ing hoo. You either want the job or you don't.

PT Car Washer

Just like testing hot for pot when some guys who gave you a ride when you were hitch hiking were smoking something that smelled funny. If you come up hot, you are doing more then riding in a car.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Saw the same mythbusters. No matter the amount it showed positive for opiates and it takes about 24 hours to have the poppy seed pass through your system. If you ingest poppy seeds and then have to peer in the bottle make sure you inform the tester.

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
Never watched "Seinfeld' but loved "Curb your Enthusiasm".

I understand it sounds like BS.

You can probably find the "Mythbusters" episode that Myth Confirmed the Poppyseed issue in Urine on YouTube.

If it had not happened to me, I'd probably call BS as well.

Anyway, it does not matter. I did not get the job, and I really don't care. That was a while ago. Long forgotten.

I do take a Prescription drug (This site bans me from posting the name for some reason) once in a while for Sciatica. It's a synthetic Opiate. That will probably test me positive for Opiates as well. Suffice it to say, I'm screwed. :)

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Never watched "Seinfeld' but loved "Curb your Enthusiasm".

I understand it sounds like BS.

You can probably find the "Mythbusters" episode that Myth Confirmed the Poppyseed issue in Urine on YouTube.

If it had not happened to me, I'd probably call BS as well.

Anyway, it does not matter. I did not get the job, and I really don't care. That was a while ago. Long forgotten.

I do take a Prescription drug (This site bans me from posting the name for some reason) once in a while for Sciatica. It's a synthetic Opiate. That will probably test me positive for Opiates as well. Suffice it to say, I'm screwed. :)

Honestly, it probably depends upon the amount eaten. A trace amount may "show up" but there are of course acceptable testing levels outlined within our contract, or any test. I'd be inclined to believe you on this (with or without mythbusters evidence)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is it one of these?

Opioids are synthetic drugs and include oxycodone (Percodan, Percocet, OxyContin), hydrocodone (Vicodin), and oxymorphone (Numorphan).

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

If you think this is BS, watch the "Mythbusters" episode where they tested this. Myth confirmed. Poppyseed does make you test positive for opiates. I know it sure did for me. I was notified that I failed the test, Opiates positive.

Funny thing, I don't really like Poppyseed. Just happened to have the muffins that one time. Oh well, I probably would have been fired from that job anyway.
That is a steaming pile of crap.....end of story. And yes, also a Seinfeld episode....lol