New driver wreck

542thruNthru

I don't know if their Tier classification system takes into account injuries, vehicles being towed or dollar amounts.

I don't know if a minor fender bender in an intersection is a Tier 3 regardless of how small, and personally, I don't care.

If you were to have a fender bender, where there were no injuries and no vehicles towed, whether in an intersection or not, how can they discharge you if it does not meet the threshold of a serious accident in the NMUPSA?

They can't.

It is possible that to be a Tier 3, there needs to be injuries or vehicles towed, I don't know.

But the OP was removed from service, discharged, because it was a serious accident defined in Article 18 Section 3 of the NMUPSA, not because it was a Tier 3.

But the 2 definitions are probably one in the same.

I know why he was discharged. We have the same language in the Western Supp also.

I know you don't care but Tier 3 is any accident involving a intersection, hit someone in the rear or pedestrian.

The dollar amount of the accident doesn't matter. It just means the center will be charged the designated amount that a Tier 3 holds. Which I believe is 35k.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I know you don't care but Tier 3 is any accident involving a intersection, hit someone in the rear or pedestrian.

OK.

So you can have a Tier 3 accident, and not be taken out of service, or at least not taken off the payroll.

It depends on whether or not it meets the definition of a serious accident in the contract, not what Tier it is.

542thruNthru

As far as I know, a rollaway is the only automatic walk to the gate where I’m at.

Must not be in the west you poor guy. ;)
Screenshot_20190619-195351_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Staydryitsraining

That’s why they give you a key fob to hang on your belt
You must be in one of those mythical buildings where hourlies file file file, supervisors dont work, you dont have to take an hour lunch, trucks dont have 200k miles on them, all trucks are automatic, 600s arent used for regular routes, you have enough trucks and everyone is in by 7.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
What about leaving keys in truck and it gets stolen?
Possibly, I don’t know. I’m a feeder driver so I don’t really have to worry about that. It would actually be kinda comical to watch someone who’s never driven a tractor before try to steal one.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
So, I have my meeting on Monday. What should I expect? I'm trying to figure out how long I will be off work.

Nobody knows.

They could discuss your "additional" training and put you back to work, or they could uphold the discharge and continue their investigation into your accident.

Sometimes they will push the 30 day time limit they have and turn it into a 30 day suspension.

You have a few things going against you, that could keep you off more than a few days.

You just got seniority and you had an intersection accident.

I believe you will be coming back, but nobody can tell you when.

Box Ox

So, I have my meeting on Monday. What should I expect? I'm trying to figure out how long I will be off work.

It's probably gonna be a while. As a brand new driver your labor manager isn't gonna want to send you right back out to possibly crash again. Might refer your case on to the next regional panel.

KoennenTiger

It's called experience. You can tell by the way they are driving, the dents on the car and you can see them talking into the cellphone

Or see them watching a movie on their phone. Or screaming at their kids in the back seat. Whatever it is just have a space cushion. It's not good enough to just not get into accidents in this job you've got to avoid the accidents other people will cause as well. The methods are legit. Newbies need to just slow down. One package at a time you aren't going to finish faster by driving stupid.