New driver wreck

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ashleyrenee44, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Ashleyrenee44

Ashleyrenee44 New Member

I'm a new driver. I got my seniority date last week. Today, I was going through a yellow light and the car in front of me slammed on their brakes and I hit them. He wasn't injured but his car is smashed pretty bad. I didn't even know I had gotten my seniority date until I got back and one of the supervisors told me I had finished my 30 days, last week. Anyway, they told me to come in tomorrow in my browns and be ready to drive. But they also told me they're trying to figure out what tier wreck it was. Is there a chance I won't be driving anymore?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  2. That's definitely a tier 3
    You didn't have enough following distance and didn't have enough time to make an adjustment. They are going to bust your balls over this

Good luck

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. At least she made her 30 days

4. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

put back in building

5. Maybe maybe not. She better know her DOK

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

If that's your real name change it.

In before @trickpony1 !

Also you will not lose your driving job. You'll be harrassed and treated like scum for a week or so and probably get a warning letter but that should be it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. zubenelgenubi

zubenelgenubi Well-Known Member

Expect a space and visibility ride, and remember to set your line of decision on stale green lights. As @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U pointed out, if you had a proper following distance, you probably wouldn't have been trying to go through the yellow light. Good luck, learn from this, and don't hit stuff with your package car. You'll be fine.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. rod

rod retired and happy

from now on quit trying to beat them stale yellow lights.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

I got chastised and a symbolic spanking from Inde for warning new members not to use their real name. I don't do it anymore.

I do wonder how many Ashleyrenee's who just had a tier 3 there are in the world?

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Baba gounj

Baba gounj Well-Known Member

They will use you has the newest punching bag, until some one else screws up more.

11. Too much pressure on the newbies. They want all of us old guys out bit the newbies aren't ready yet.

12. Baba gounj

Baba gounj Well-Known Member

This new generation will never be ready.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  13. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 Fight the power.

We are desperate for bodies. It’s peak vacation time and desperately short on drivers. They probably won’t even mention it ever again.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. rod

rod retired and happy

That's never stopped UPS from making the wrong decision before. They are experts at it

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

In my building, a tier 3 is an automatic firing. There is also a grievance immediately fired. In my building, I would expect that you would be off 1-5 days. If you work tomorrow, you will have a read from either a supe or the center manager. How well you do on the ride may determine your future.

16. 542thruNthru

Sounds like a weak local. I would hope they fight for back pay.

17. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I do not know for sure. Our last tier 3 was over a year ago and the one before that was several years ago.

As far as a strong or weak local... I have nothing to compare it to. I feel like my representation has been more than adequate (I have filed 2 grievances and won them both.)

18. PappyLand

PappyLand Active Member

Back in the 90’s car accidents never happend.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. 542thruNthru

We've never had anyone fired for a accident. Unless they lied about it. A tier 3 is a term the company uses. If it was a very serious accident where the driver was extremely reckless I can understand. But a tier 3 could be a minor accident in a intersection.

It sounds wrong is all I'm trying to say and I don't think a local should allow it without fighting tooth and nail.

20. Yeet

Yeet Inbound, turnaround, go to town

As far as I know, a rollaway is the only automatic walk to the gate where I’m at.