New drivers sitting on cake routes.

T

thisjobaintforeverybody

Do not understand this part. Could you explain?

Figure of speech for letting management know that you see what's going on and your going to start being a dick/ file grievance on every petty contract violation that you see if they keep violating seniority.

barnyard

KTM rider
Start filing. Supes will not start training new guys on routes as long as you are willing to let them do the cake.

I used to hear the same thing. 1 Friday, I refused to give up a route due to 'lack of knowledge' and that was the last time that happened.

KOG72

I’m full of it
I'm a swing driver and my center recently hired on about 5-7 new full time drivers this year. I know about 20 routes and have only been trained on 3 of them. I never make a fuss when they throw me on the worst routes blind, I just go out and do them safely. The issue is all of the new hires are on cake resi routes and anytime us higher seniority swing drivers try to bump them management plays "oh they don't know those routes" BS with us. I even got with a steward and they seemed to agree with management.

Weak local??
I like cake,just saying

UPSjedi41

In my short 4 years of driving at UPS it has taught me two truths. Seniority is king, period. You only have seniority and integrity at UPS and management can't take either one away from you.

File a grievance if you have to.

10 Pt

I'm a swing driver and my center recently hired on about 5-7 new full time drivers this year. I know about 20 routes and have only been trained on 3 of them. I never make a fuss when they throw me on the worst routes blind, I just go out and do them safely. The issue is all of the new hires are on cake resi routes and anytime us higher seniority swing drivers try to bump them management plays "oh they don't know those routes" BS with us. I even got with a steward and they seemed to agree with management.

Weak local??
Weak Local?

Our ba signed off a grievance on this issue and stated that the company can refuse to honor your seniority to cover a route for "Business Reasons".

Not only weak but in bed with the company.