New England pension fund = CRITICAL

Hofficer Hater

Did you not read how by 2022 UPS contributions would nearly double? Thought you’d intentionally miss that. You’re the small picture guy.

New England UPSers have been getting $6.20 per hour in pension since 2012 and will be at that till 2022. The rest of the UPSers nationwide are at over the $11 range. New England is receiving almost $5 less than the rest of the nation. By the time the 2018-2023 contract concludes the rest of the nation will be at over $13 per hour and New England will be at $11. You will be getting $2 less than the rest of the nation.

What part of that do you not understand Wonder Boy?

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
New England UPSers have been getting $6.20 per hour in pension since 2012 and will be at that till 2022. The rest of the UPSers nationwide are at over the $11 range. New England is receiving almost $5 less than the rest of the nation. By the time the 2018-2023 contract concludes the rest of the nation will be at over $13 per hour and New England will be at $11. You will be getting $2 less than the rest of the nation.

I would like to thank you for proving what I just said jackass.

wide load

And can you tell me what the contribution will be in 2037? Why don’t you explain why it was frozen at 6.20 for 10 years? Or is your strategy to intentionally make others believe that it is a bad negotiating strategy? Lemme guess? “I’m not TDU”?
You hate Trump and Sean. So you’re a Bernie guy. And for the union?

Last edited:

Maplewood

It figures nothing is said about this on this forum. Just posting the facts that under Sean the Boston bully,
The New England pension fund has been run into the ground.
FACT
Sean O'Brien wants to be international President so he can save it. Hopefully not at my areas expense. New England pension is under 40% funded last I heard in December.

anHOURover

Sean O'Brien wants to be international President so he can save it. Hopefully not at my areas expense. New England pension is under 40% funded last I heard in December.
Last time Sean visited my local he lied to us. He took our company plan blue cross out of our Supplement and left us with crappy teamcare. He’s afraid to stop foot in my local again. If he ever shows up again he will be called out by numerous members.

wide load

You’re a tool. I hear a lot of complaints, yet not a single person has an idea on how to fix the under funded issue caused way before Sean became President of local 25. So let’s hear the big idea. I mean I get it, some people just aren’t interested in holding UPS accountable. They enjoy being the flock. The lambs left to slaughter. I’ll tell you what Sean wouldn’t do, impose a contract that the majority of voters knocked down or worse, Created a second class of drivers with no rights and less pay.

Last edited:

You’re a tool. I hear a lot of complaints, yet not a single person has an idea on how to fix the under funded issue caused way before Sean became President of local 25. So let’s hear the big idea. I mean I get it, some people just aren’t interested in holding UPS accountable. They enjoy being the flock. The lambs left to slaughter. I’ll tell you what Sean wouldn’t do, impose a contract that the majority of voters knocked down or worse, Created a second class of drivers with no rights and less pay.
I tried to look up any info on the plan. Not much is open to the public. I did see that the plan is defending itself about a Boston globe article? That is time and money well spent.

Your last sentence is not the full truth. Maybe being fully transparent is too difficult over there.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Last time Sean visited my local he lied to us. He’s afraid to stop foot in my local again. If he ever shows up again he will be called out by numerous members.

Who would he be called out by.... the 2 or 3 members that vote ?

Your Local is the lowest voting Local in the country.

ManInBrown

Everyone should be putting every penny they can afford to part with, in their 401K. I put 15% in. I am not counting on the pension being there when I retire. If it is, great. I’m not counting on it.

anHOURover

You are such an easy target.
“Hold ups accountable”
For what ? Ups pays to the union on our behalf pension contributions. Sean and crew Mismanage the $.
Why hold ups accountable ? Hold Sean and the union accountable is more like it. You really drink Sean’s kool aid. You
Are nothing but a glorified water boy.
FACT
You also forgot to mention that Sean helped impose a contract that nobody wanted. Remember when Sean was instrumental in taking my blue cross from my supplement and imposing teamcare ? Sean will not have an easy win with me still breathing on this fine planet
FACT

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Ups pays to the union on our behalf pension contributions. Sean and crew Mismanage the $.

The pension is a multi-employer fund.

So how would "Sean and his crew" manipulate that.... when half of the Trustees

are Employer representatives ?

Teamsters Local 25 Charlestown Massachusetts

You also forgot to mention that Sean helped impose a contract that nobody wanted.

The members voted to approve the master.... did you forget that ?

Sean will not have an easy win with me still breathing on this fine planet

Hopefully, you upgraded to lithium batteries for your bullhorn.

That worked out so well before....

:biggrin:

-Bug-

anHOURover

The pension is a multi-employer fund.

So how would "Sean and his crew" manipulate that.... when half of the Trustees

are Employer representatives ?

Teamsters Local 25 Charlestown Massachusetts

The members voted to approve the master.... did you forget that ?

Hopefully, you upgraded to lithium batteries for your bullhorn.

That worked out so well before....

:biggrin:

-Bug-
Bottom line
Ups pays a premium payment on our behalf and the teamsters MISMANAGE IT! About the contract ,
For a union to even negotiate subpar benefits without anything in return is moronic. You still support those slugs ? Did you jump off the bandwagon yet ? I see another on your your kind is in trouble in Chicago. Has she really been under the desk for coli for years ?

brett636

Hate to hear stuff like this, but what is the solution? Not blaming each other for it is a good start. Personally I am not a fan of a government bailout or trying to force healthy funds to subsidize the declining funds. UPS is going to throw a lot of money into these failing funds to help prop them up, but so far it doesn't seem to doing much but delaying the inevitable. Would some of you consider moving into the same UPS pension plan setup for those who were in Central States? I hope everyone in this fund is maxing out their 401ks because it doesn't look like they have a solid pension plan to rely on. We make good money and there is no good reason to spend every penny of it. Pay yourself first!

Feederquacker

Is the New England Pension different from the rest of us? It’s my understanding that the company is obligated to make up any shortfall in the pension fund to keep the pension solvent. How is yours different? Or are you referring to the Pre-2007 fund?