New facilities in Seattle?

supercool

I worked at UPS a long time ago (back when I was in college) at the Redmond hub and have seen some articles floating around for new facilities in the area. "Back in my day" the Seattle building already seemed over capacity, and Redmond didn't seem too far behind. Curious if anyone can share any info to satisfy my curiosity.

I saw a post saying they're building a new Lynnwood center or hub -- does anyone know which areas that will serve or if it'll replace another facility? I always thought Everett seemed way too small too, even way back when.

Also, I noticed that where I live now in Seattle, I have a 981-5 SLIC -- has the Seattle building expanded to a new center? I see a ton of UPS trailers scattered about down in SODO; wouldn't surprise me if they grew into another space there.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I doubt lynwood is there to replace another building. Our new portland building has closed 1 of our satellite locations and has certainly taken a good chunk of work away from the main building, but these cities in the northwest are expanding way too fast for us to close out a building.

tadpole

I doubt lynwood is there to replace another building. Our new portland building has closed 1 of our satellite locations and has certainly taken a good chunk of work away from the main building, but these cities in the northwest are expanding way too fast for us to close out a building.
9815 is across the street from 9819. It’s called “Shoreline Center” and opened up 1 year ago.
As for Lynnwood, there are only rumors.

Jolted

They moved routes over from the Redmond building and expanded the Seattle building to a rented building behind Seattle about November of last year and called the new center shoreline which covers from about Northgate up to edmonds. The WORD I've heard was they would be building a new center in Lynnwood and move the shoreline center up to the new Lynnwood building as well as more routes from Redmond that still cover Lynnwood. It was supposed to be built on the old Best Auto Parts in Lynnwood but heard that site was a no go now because of all the environmental cleanup ups would have to do to make it acceptable to build on