New Female at ups Am I in trouble?

velle1203

Yes, 1/3 of the men will eye you down and behave like pigs the other 2/3's will just think like pigs , and rarely you will meet a gentlemen...most girls will talk about you... and if you are getting special attention or treatment from a sup your "popularity" will most certainly increase.

yes exactly that unfortunately me in the sup seemed to talk the other night and found out we grew up in the same area needless to say me finding out i dated his first cousin(i didnt tell him) for an extensive amount of time ugh made things kinda awkward....im still busting my hump...the other night he walked up to me and goes" if you need help with something too heavy be sure to ask alriighht!:happy-very:kinda melted lol... the job sucks but the people make it a little better there extremely cool and considerate.

The females on the other hand talk about mediocre crap like vh1 reality shows and other people!They complain about ups yet come back every time...kinda reminds me of that ex that treats u like crap but is good in bed and u keep coming back for the royal screw lmfao.I get no special attention .I rarely ask for help.I had one unloader who i was assigned to sort and he kept shaking his head sayn things like don't do it don't do it to the sup.Honestly my feelings were a little hurt so i put on my big girl panties and played his cards like a champ not telling him to stop or becoming back up with my load after 3 trucks he got the point.

Im getting a workout i have about 1300 left on my tuition reimbursement for the year will def take advantage of it!

Dudeman

as long as you're not one of those chicks that throws every 30+ pound package over to me while i'm getting my ass kicked, then i won't have to judo chop you in the throat.

velle1203

as long as you're not one of those chicks that throws every 30+ pound package over to me while i'm getting my ass kicked, then i won't have to judo chop you in the throat.
lmfao yea i have a lady like that were like ummm top blue hello lol naw imm good after 45-47 i ask for help but most the guys get offended and take the entire box..

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
lmfao yea i have a lady like that were like ummm top blue hello lol naw imm good after 45-47 i ask for help but most the guys get offended and take the entire box..
You wanted equal pay for equal work right? They get offended because you checked the box about understanding you'd be lifting heavy boxes at times and can handle it. They don't get paid more for working your heavy boxes while you work everything 45-47 and less.

U

uber

We got this lady in my hub with huge fake titties and pretty face to go with it. It gets hot out and she wears these little spaghetti strap numbers..Every guy in there oogles her. Then she complains about it to management. Don't want the attention, don't put your massive tata's out on display. Or keep doing what you're doing. I'm not complaining.

velle1203

they likely don't get offended, a 45 pound box should not take two people to move. Sorry.

meh maybe so but its lifting over my head and im only 5'4 if i need help with a 50 lb box i will ask unless its going to a bottom belt and until my supervisor tells me otherwise i will continue btw i unloaded 3.5 trucks today many had 50+ boxes including 80lb+irregs yup i got that done with all smiles.....they made there way to the rollers in the belt with 91+label up!
and to the one who "female dogged" about equal pay equal work call it what you like..I may want to use these ovaries one day so yea 9.50 fall over backwards or get injured ITS NOT HAPPENING!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
meh maybe so but its lifting over my head and im only 5'4 if i need help with a 50 lb box i will ask unless its going to a bottom belt and until my supervisor tells me otherwise i will continue btw i unloaded 3.5 trucks today many had 50+ boxes including 80lb+irregs yup i got that done with all smiles.....they made there way to the rollers in the belt with 91+label up!
and to the one who "female dogged" about equal pay equal work call it what you like..I may want to use these ovaries one day so yea 9.50 fall over backwards or get injured ITS NOT HAPPENING!
So what you're saying is you're top heavy? I don't see how lifting heavy boxes will effect your ability to reproduce. I'm pretty sure you're not the first 5'4 person to work at UPS unloading. They have steps at your disposal to use to accomplish your job safely.

velle1203

So what you're saying is you're top heavy? I don't see how lifting heavy boxes will effect your ability to reproduce. I'm pretty sure you're not the first 5'4 person to work at UPS unloading. They have steps at your disposal to use to accomplish your job safely.

no thats not what im saying...im a sorter i sometimes unload the sort belt is over my head which makes boxes that are too long or too heavy hard to lift over my shoulders alone/.i use my load stand thanx lol and yea 9.50 + bnefits remember after 12 months though

UnconTROLLed

perfection
no thats not what im saying...im a sorter i sometimes unload the sort belt is over my head which makes boxes that are too long or too heavy hard to lift over my shoulders alone/.i use my load stand thanx lol and yea 9.50 + bnefits remember after 12 months though
Sorter rate begins at $9.50/hr.

Ashley22

Hi! I'm a female that works at UPS!

I think that you should just take a breather and relax! I dont think anyone here can tell you the intentions of that supervisor. Also, you aren't going to lose your sort dollar after you've gotten your raise. I unload, sort, bag and sort in small sort for the same rate of 10.50.

I learned the sort but it just wasn't for me. Much harder for me than unloading. I'm like 105 pounds and not as strong as my fellow coworkers :P I mostly unload but never lost my raise.

I think you are just new and there is much you will learn about UPS!

I hope you continue to enjoy it!

congrats if they already want you as a supervisor.

My boyfriend and I work the same shift, everyone knows we are together. Being a decent looking woman myself, I imagine I would have been in more awkward situations if everyone didn't already know what's up.

ciao :)

gingerkat

I can't believe how these old and dead threads get new life! With that being said, I have never laughed so much as to this particular thread. Better than any ol' Friday drunk chat thread. Damn, where is Dave when I want to ask him out? Dave if you're lurking, Skype me!

FilingBluesFL

I can't believe how these old and dead threads get new life! With that being said, I have never laughed so much as to this particular thread. Better than any ol' Friday drunk chat thread. Damn, where is Dave when I want to ask him out? Dave if you're lurking, Skype me!

Wowza!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Hi! I'm a female that works at UPS!

I think that you should just take a breather and relax! I dont think anyone here can tell you the intentions of that supervisor. Also, you aren't going to lose your sort dollar after you've gotten your raise. I unload, sort, bag and sort in small sort for the same rate of 10.50.

I learned the sort but it just wasn't for me. Much harder for me than unloading. I'm like 105 pounds and not as strong as my fellow coworkers :P I mostly unload but never lost my raise.

I think you are just new and there is much you will learn about UPS!

I hope you continue to enjoy it!

congrats if they already want you as a supervisor.

My boyfriend and I work the same shift, everyone knows we are together. Being a decent looking woman myself, I imagine I would have been in more awkward situations if everyone didn't already know what's up.

ciao :)

Is Ashley22 one of Kapa/loyal teamster's aliases? There was no reason whatsoever to resurrect this thread.