New Hire 22.4 Farmingville Question

PT Car Washer

@Undertow thanks for that explanation, I forgot to even consider if there is a delay at the airport and how it effects everyone . Ps: I already get an earful for not working so either way both ears are always full .

@Yolo lol thank you for the clarity
Air drivers will shuttle the air out to the drivers where we meet as a group and you get your air stops. Basically you run your business stops a second time at 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Might as well combine air deliveries with your pick ups. Than deliver your resi stops along with your air. Sometimes we have late air for no known reason other then a breakdown somewhere in the operation.

PT Car Washer

@burrheadd so what your saying it's only a requirement until you get book? I asked a local ups driver about them and he mentioned that a sup will drive with you and audit you on the 5-10s. So if let's say I get book and get audited and don't know the 5-10 can I grieve the write up if I get one. Just curious to know.
You will have to know the 5 and 10 before you even go on road.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I got the 5s down , I know the 10s just not I. Order or word for word. A little more studying and I will be good.

Do they expect you to know all of it by day 1 of training or will there be a test of some sorts at the end of training?

When I qualified it was a week long class. Lots of boring videos and the such. Had to be able to write out the 5s and.10s verbatim plus 8 keys. Once you did that it was time to drive.

Diablos19

Thank you all for the great information. I can definitely get through the 5s and 10s . I guess I'll start to study the 8keys.

I just hope I don't get screwed come Jan 1 and they be like see you next season.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thank you all for the great information. I can definitely get through the 5s and 10s . I guess I'll start to study the 8keys.

I just hope I don't get screwed come Jan 1 and they be like see you next season.

Lol
Good chance that’s exactly what will happen

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
FT because you will definitely not have to ask if you'll be getting 40hrs a week.

Seasonal to cya when you ask why you are being let go in a couple months.

21Savage

It's definitely possible. I started as seasonal last year and got hired full time. Along with 10 or so others in my center. Sometimes you have to bet on yourself. Beast it out and don't get in an accident.

Diablos19

My friend just finished the 5 days of training and he was told that come busy season you will be forced to work a 6th day.

Besides the nice pay, on the 6th day can you be forced to work on your day off? Is there certain time frame where you have to be notified to work in your day off .

Thank you all for the great info either way I can't wait to give it 110 percent.

My friend just finished the 5 days of training and he was told that come busy season you will be forced to work a 6th day.

Besides the nice pay, on the 6th day can you be forced to work on your day off? Is there certain time frame where you have to be notified to work in your day off .

Thank you all for the great info either way I can't wait to give it 110 percent.
You have no seniority you will be forced to work 6 days

Diablos19

What a awesome community. You guys are super helpful.

Now on to some more questions:

I looked at the discussions about boots and it's all over the place. I purchased the timberland 6in soft toe. Are these to heavy of a boot to wear all day?

Any recommendations on coolers/ backpacks etc?

Any recommendations on thermals/Socks?

What do you guys pack in your coolers for lunch/dinner/snacks. I'm Curious to see the responses on this one. I know to pack alot of water.

Again thank you guys.

Poop Head

Judge me.
I know to pack alot of water.
images (3).jpeg
get one of these, and you wont have to pack water ever again. Keep it in your pocket so you can drink water anytime you find a puddle or toilet.

churn n’ burn

We had to write down 5 & 10's every day of class starting day one. If you really want to get ahead, be the only one to do so on your first day. They have not been doing audits here because of covid, so don't be worried about reciting them after training. If you want to make it past the season, work hard, show up early, don't complain, and complete all stops and pick ups without hitting something or getting hurt.

The only time I had to wear boots was in the training class. You'll see a lot of guys in black sneakers. I save the boots for a snowy day but to each his own. If you want to save money pack your own lunch, PB&J in tin foil. Your hands are gonna be black and you prob won't have anywhere to wash your hands if that matters to you. Bring lots of water, you'll need an empty bottle to piss in unless you have a business with a bathroom or want to stop. Put all this in a backpack and you're good to go. Also, you can bring a radio. Good luck.