New hire "bonus" after a full year

BuckyBadger

I'm just saying that you have a brighter future at Brown versus Target.
not if you don't want to drive. UPS has to face the facts. They just don't pay enough. It's already begun, and 13/hr will not be enough. It won't in this economy. It's not just millennials. It's smart people that see driving as the only prize and they don't want to drive. We're not even to peak and we can't find people. Last year we were off every other day because of the glut of people brought in for peak before it kicked off.

SweatPit

i won't bite
Good point, but I'll bet none are willing to trade places with them
The 22.3's and the seasonal full-time swapping places? Oh I bet they would for more pay. There are seasonal full-time employees in our hub doing two easy jobs. Literally sitting on their :censored2: scanning irregs that ride by on the belt. Some are even falling asleep! Hell I saw one guy have his phone propped up watching a movie! LOL

Trailer monkey

The 22.3's and the seasonal full-time swapping places? Oh I bet they would for more pay. There are seasonal full-time employees in our hub doing two easy jobs. Literally sitting on their :censored2: scanning irregs that ride by on the belt. Some are even falling asleep! Hell I saw one guy have his phone propped up watching a movie! LOL
When I was in progression, there is no way in hell that I would have traded my full time seniority for a few extra bucks in a seasonal job.

cachmeifucan

All I want to know are the people getting the bonus also getting the retro check. I assume they will because they are owed a higher wage from August 1st and the bonus has nothing to do with base pay. So if new hires receive 10.35 a hour ×25 hours =258.
They are owed 2.65 a hour to catch up to 13$ a hour. 2.65 × 25 hours =66$ × 14 weeks today =927$ without 1 minute of overtime. So technically they are making over 20 a hour and how much does a new driver make first year of progression?

SweatPit

i won't bite
When I was in progression, there is no way in hell that I would have traded my full time seniority for a few extra bucks in a seasonal job.
I am not saying its a trade. Just saying its not fair they are making more money with less seniority. Why can't they bump the 22.3's up to $18 an hour for 2 months that are stuck in progression at a lower rate?

All I want to know are the people getting the bonus also getting the retro check. I assume they will because they are owed a higher wage from August 1st and the bonus has nothing to do with base pay. So if new hires receive 10.35 a hour ×25 hours =258.
They are owed 2.65 a hour to catch up to 13$ a hour. 2.65 × 25 hours =66$ × 14 weeks today =927$ without 1 minute of overtime. So technically they are making over 20 a hour and how much does a new driver make first year of progression?
I know the seasonal full-time employees at our hub get $18 an hour but they lose their "show up to work on time" bonus. Pretty sure they don't get any back pay hours during that time frame. But not 100% sure.