New hire "bonus" after a full year

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by SweatPit, Nov 2, 2018.

1. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

not if you don't want to drive. UPS has to face the facts. They just don't pay enough. It's already begun, and 13/hr will not be enough. It won't in this economy. It's not just millennials. It's smart people that see driving as the only prize and they don't want to drive. We're not even to peak and we can't find people. Last year we were off every other day because of the glut of people brought in for peak before it kicked off.

2. RealPerson

RealPerson Active Member

Our driver signup list goes empty... We hire off the street...

3. Maybe with us working less hours more insiders might want to go out driving?

4. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

we aren't working less hours in my hub. Tons of 9.5 violations every week. No one wants to drive.

5. SweatPit

SweatPit Member

The 22.3's and the seasonal full-time swapping places? Oh I bet they would for more pay. There are seasonal full-time employees in our hub doing two easy jobs. Literally sitting on their :censored2: scanning irregs that ride by on the belt. Some are even falling asleep! Hell I saw one guy have his phone propped up watching a movie! LOL

6. Coldworld

Coldworld Ringleader of this sht show...

Wdfd.... amazon is starting people nearby for 17.00.....yep

7. Coldworld

They know better...

8. And what do they top out at? Any benefits?

9. Coldworld

They aren’t going to stay at amazon for the long term either mr. Mcsukadik...they will be there for a year or so... and get healthcare after their first day.... they are starting benefits day one....

10. can't beat that, I guess.

11. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

you're beginning to catch on. Hopefully UPS is as well.

12. When I was in progression, there is no way in hell that I would have traded my full time seniority for a few extra bucks in a seasonal job.

13. Doubt they will part with the money.

14. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

yeah, but see, they already are. You know this, with the bonuses that are being paid. This will only increase.

15. And that's why the company is spending big money on automation.

16. rod

rod retired and happy

And don't forget those trained monkeys. They always told us as soon as they could teach a monkey to drive we would be replaced.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  17. You should see some of the stuff they have.

18. BuckyBadger

BuckyBadger Member

agree completely.

19. cachmeifucan

cachmeifucan Well-Known Member

All I want to know are the people getting the bonus also getting the retro check. I assume they will because they are owed a higher wage from August 1st and the bonus has nothing to do with base pay. So if new hires receive 10.35 a hour ×25 hours =258.
    They are owed 2.65 a hour to catch up to 13$ a hour. 2.65 × 25 hours =66$ × 14 weeks today =927$ without 1 minute of overtime. So technically they are making over 20 a hour and how much does a new driver make first year of progression?

20. SweatPit

SweatPit Member

I am not saying its a trade. Just saying its not fair they are making more money with less seniority. Why can't they bump the 22.3's up to $18 an hour for 2 months that are stuck in progression at a lower rate?

I know the seasonal full-time employees at our hub get $18 an hour but they lose their "show up to work on time" bonus. Pretty sure they don't get any back pay hours during that time frame. But not 100% sure.