New hire "bonus" after a full year

Nightingale

And what do they top out at? Any benefits?
I live near seattle washington and here they start their warehouse workers out at 15 an hour. They have the chance and opportunity to move up in the company and a lot of them do. they end up as desk workers making 20+ and hour with their insurance paid for...so yeah they have benefits if you work for it.

Dough99

Some part-time employees are still receiving a show up to work on time every day bonus after a full year of employment. Essentially making more then a part-time employee who has been with the company for like 5 years or more.

Our local union sent this out. (attachment) So basically nothing can be done about it due to it being not a production bonus? How long will they continue to receive the bonus? It is up to $200 a week now here. I know even the part time supervisors will schedule these guys off and they will still receive the bonus. It just blows my mind that this :censored2: is still going on.

From the grapevine I hear there are other hubs/centers where ALL the employees receive a show up to work on time every day of the week bonus. Might not be as much as a new hire bonus but it is something and rewards ALL employees, not a particular group.View attachment 220536
You’re union sold you out..deal with it

SweatPit

i won't bite
putin.jpg
You’re union sold you out..deal with it

frankie55

Some part-time employees are still receiving a show up to work on time every day bonus after a full year of employment. Essentially making more then a part-time employee who has been with the company for like 5 years or more.

Our local union sent this out. (attachment) So basically nothing can be done about it due to it being not a production bonus? How long will they continue to receive the bonus? It is up to $200 a week now here. I know even the part time supervisors will schedule these guys off and they will still receive the bonus. It just blows my mind that this :censored2: is still going on.

From the grapevine I hear there are other hubs/centers where ALL the employees receive a show up to work on time every day of the week bonus. Might not be as much as a new hire bonus but it is something and rewards ALL employees, not a particular group.View attachment 220536

frankie55

In the hub here not only do new employees get the weekly show up bonus but UPS provides transportation for them to and from work via a shuttle. So now they get $200 extra a week plus they don't have to pay for gas to and

Good point, but I'll bet none are willing to trade places with them

SweatPit

i won't bite
In the hub here not only do new employees get the weekly show up bonus but UPS provides transportation for them to and from work via a shuttle. So now they get $200 extra a week plus they don't have to pay for gas to and
What hub? Out here in Lenexa they are hiring people off the street in the hood. No joke. Already been multiple fights, 2 guns have been confiscated. Weed and cigarette smell in the bathrooms. $18hr but the temp agency gets $3hr.But $15hr is not too bad at all. They get a sack lunch every day and get a ride to and from work via school bus. No bonus though. Only the regular new hires get that. Was told they will get it for up to a full year! Must be nice. Told only 40% actually get the bonus since so many still cannot show up on time.

frankie55

What hub? Out here in Lenexa they are hiring people off the street in the hood. No joke. Already been multiple fights, 2 guns have been confiscated. Weed and cigarette smell in the bathrooms. $18hr but the temp agency gets $3hr.But $15hr is not too bad at all. They get a sack lunch every day and get a ride to and from work via school bus. No bonus though. Only the regular new hires get that. Was told they will get it for up to a full year! Must be nice. Told only 40% actually get the bonus since so many still cannot show up on time.

It's called "Shuttle to Work Program" local 317 Syracuse

SweatPit

i won't bite
Small consolation: bonuses aren't being applied to vacation checks.
Does that even matter? They are getting an extra $7200 a year roughly just for showing up to work on time. My vacations do not even come close to that amount.

It's called "Shuttle to Work Program" local 317 Syracuse
Gotcha. We are left in the shadows here and have to figure out info on our own. Lots of surprises.