New hire "bonus" after a full year

SweatPit

i won't bite
Some part-time employees are still receiving a show up to work on time every day bonus after a full year of employment. Essentially making more then a part-time employee who has been with the company for like 5 years or more.

Our local union sent this out. (attachment) So basically nothing can be done about it due to it being not a production bonus? How long will they continue to receive the bonus? It is up to $200 a week now here. I know even the part time supervisors will schedule these guys off and they will still receive the bonus. It just blows my mind that this :censored2: is still going on.

From the grapevine I hear there are other hubs/centers where ALL the employees receive a show up to work on time every day of the week bonus. Might not be as much as a new hire bonus but it is something and rewards ALL employees, not a particular group.
bonus.jpg

WorkingAsDirected

Some part-time employees are still receiving a show up to work on time every day bonus after a full year of employment. Essentially making more then a part-time employee who has been with the company for like 5 years or more.

Our local union sent this out. (attachment) So basically nothing can be done about it due to it being not a production bonus? How long will they continue to receive the bonus? It is up to $200 a week now here. I know even the part time supervisors will schedule these guys off and they will still receive the bonus. It just blows my mind that this :censored2: is still going on.

From the grapevine I hear there are other hubs/centers where ALL the employees receive a show up to work on time every day of the week bonus. Might not be as much as a new hire bonus but it is something and rewards ALL employees, not a particular group.View attachment 220536

Which section of the contract refers to bonuses?

Trailer monkey

From the grapevine I hear there are other hubs/centers where ALL the employees receive a show up to work on time every day of the week bonus. Might not be as much as a new hire bonus but it is something and rewards ALL employees, not a particular group.View attachment 220536
They could have and should have addressed the issue in the new contract

SweatPit

i won't bite

Yolo

$10/hr to break my back and deal with UPS BS Or $12.50 to straighten up shelves at Target? UPS had to offer the bonus to compete with other employers.

Yolo

I'm a driver. I'm just saying I can't blame people for not wanting to work here. When I started we got benefits after 2 months. Now it's 12 months. Or it's going to be 9 after the contract is ratified. Unemployment is low. There's other attractive opportunities out there for preloaders.

I'm a driver. I'm just saying I can't blame people for not wanting to work here. When I started we got benefits after 2 months. Now it's 12 months. Or it's going to be 9 after the contract is ratified. Unemployment is low. There's other attractive opportunities out there for preloaders.
Bit this job gives you the opportunity to advance to a driver and make a career out of it. You can't say ylthe same thing about Target.

SweatPit

i won't bite
UPS pays a bonus because the job and pay is so crappy. Otherwise Millennial's will just go find a better job for more pay.
I started out at $8.50 an hour and never got a bonus and I stayed and came to work on time every day.

You will be making $13 once the contract gets settled, plus benefits...
Kids could care less about benefits. Most are still under their parents insurance.

As of now at our hub they are allowing part timers to go "full time seasonal" Bringing them up to $18 an hour and getting 40 hours a week. Very nice for them. Most of these guys have less then a year of seniority.

But what about the 22.3's that are stuck in progression making $16-$17 an hour and have 8 years of seniority?? Why can't they be bumped to $18 an hour too during the holidays?

Trailer monkey

I started out at $8.50 an hour and never got a bonus and I stayed and came to work on time every day.

Kids could care less about benefits. Most are still under their parents insurance.

As of now at our hub they are allowing part timers to go "full time seasonal" Bringing them up to $18 an hour and getting 40 hours a week. Very nice for them. Most of these guys have less then a year of seniority.

But what about the 22.3's that are stuck in progression making $16-$17 an hour and have 8 years of seniority?? Why can't they be bumped to $18 an hour too during the holidays?
Good point, but I'll bet none are willing to trade places with them