New hire (less than a week) and overslept one day so far.

Im a new hire as of alittle more than a week. I have always been on time and they can can already tell Im a hard worker. My last shift however I overslept and my phone which I used for the alarm didnt wake me up since it died. Am I about to be canned? I had off for the 4th and I dont know the start time for tomorrow and the HR rep who trained my orientation class has never gotten back to me on that. It just sucks because I am early for everything and this is a one time thing. I dont know if the sups know that though.

Any advice for tomorrow?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Im a new hire as of alittle more than a week. I have always been on time and they can can already tell Im a hard worker. My last shift however I overslept and my phone which I used for the alarm didnt wake me up since it died. Am I about to be canned? I had off for the 4th and I dont know the start time for tomorrow and the HR rep who trained my orientation class has never gotten back to me on that. It just sucks because I am early for everything and this is a one time thing. I dont know if the sups know that though.

Any advice for tomorrow?
Hey there superstar! You have been here a whole week and are always on time! That is VERY impressive considering there are people here who have been on the job 10, 20, 30, 40 years and NEVER been late. Dang, that's too bad that you already showed up late now you will have to start your count all over.

A little over a week and the supes can tell you are a hard worker? WTF!!!! The supes don't even know your name let alone what your work ethic is. Here's your advice:

You should be fired but probably won't.
Get another phone alarm clock to make sure you don't wake up twice.
Ask mommy to holler up at you when it's time to get up.
Jump out of bed and strip off those Batman underpants and put on the big boy pants
Get your ass to work and once you get there, take a picture with one of your new alarm phones of the schedule so that you will know what the :censored2: time is start time!

Hey there superstar! You have been here a whole week and are always on time! That is VERY impressive considering there are people here who have been on the job 10, 20, 30, 40 years and NEVER been late. Dang, that's too bad that you already showed up late now you will have to start your count all over.

A little over a week and the supes can tell you are a hard worker? WTF!!!! The supes don't even know your name let alone what your work ethic is. Here's your advice:

Jump out of bed and strip off those Batman underpants and put on the big boy pants
Get your ass to work and once you get there, take a picture with one of your new alarm phones of the schedule so that you will know what the :censored2: time is start time!
What I meant to say is that they liked me so far. Im guessing your one of those people that thinks because its a union job you can treat people like its a college fraternity once you have seniority.

john chesney

Any advice for tomorrow?
Get one battery alarm clock one electric. Call in an hour or two before you’ve been starting and ask for start time. You just happen to be lucky working at a time where they can’t afford to lose many people because they can’t keep people

Last edited:

scooby0048

What I meant to say is that they liked me so far. Im guessing your one of those people that thinks because its a union job you can treat people like its a college fraternity once you have seniority.

No, I'm one of those people who thinks aasholes like you should not have a union job if not able to go to work or get up on time. You should find a quickie mart or lawn mowing job.

scooby0048

Get one battery alarm clock one electric. Call in an hour or two before you’ve been starting and ask for start time. You just happen to be lucky working at a time where the can’t afford to lose many people because they can’t keep people

Do you know who you are speaking to? These :censored2: guys have no clue what an electric alarm clock is let alone the common sense to call ahead early to figure it out.

john chesney

Do you know who you are speaking to? These :censored2: guys have no clue what an electric alarm clock is let alone the common sense to call ahead early to figure it out.
Hahahahhahahhah. I walked to my preload job some days when my car was broke. About 6 miles in the middle of winter. How are these people going to get through life

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

How freaking hard is it to be at work on time?

34 1/2 years I was only late twice, and that was early on and caused by car problems. Oversleeping is never an excuse.

Gotta love 'em when they're little.

john chesney

This has to be one of my favorite posts. I can’t believe how soft people are. No wonder hot chicks dig me I’m one of the few real men left. Lmao

john chesney

34 1/2 years I was only late twice, and that was early on and caused by car problems. Oversleeping is never an excuse.

You worked the exact amount of time I did. Did this place go to :censored2: or what

You say that now... You have no clue what goes on. I come here asking for advice and I get called boatloads of :censored2: and called an :censored2: for it. If need be I'd be glad to provide you with a picture of the alarm clock I bought the day this happened and I would also be glad to show you the numerous times I called my hub with no answer today. I want the same thing most successful UPS employees want, to do the best at my job. Ever think that the reason people don't do well is because of the stubborn mentality of workers like you. So why dont you go take your little sorry ass, have a :censored2:ing beer because its the 4th of July, and stop hijacking my thread on here. Youll realize how amazing the world is when you stop spending all your time on the internet complaining about millennials for doing the same thing you are doing yourself right now.

I never said I considered that an excuse. I simply wanted to fix my mistake and was asking for advice on how to do so. If there is anyone who can admit when they are at fault it is me, and I am going to make sure I never make this mistake again. Don't let my generation of snowflakes and cry babies keep you from realizing that not everyone expects :censored2: to be handed to them that is young. I work two jobs as well as dedicating a lot of time to volunteer work on my town's FD and I am one of the most reliable 19 year-olds you will ever meet.

Poop Head

Judge me.
You say that now... You have no clue what goes on. I come here asking for advice and I get called boatloads of :censored2: and called an :censored2: for it. If need be I'd be glad to provide you with a picture of the alarm clock I bought the day this happened and I would also be glad to show you the numerous times I called my hub with no answer today. I want the same thing most successful UPS employees want, to do the best at my job. Ever think that the reason people don't do well is because of the stubborn mentality of workers like you. So why dont you go take your little sorry ass, have a :censored2:ing beer because its the 4th of July, and stop hijacking my thread on here. Youll realize how amazing the world is when you stop spending all your time on the internet complaining about millennials for doing the same thing you are doing yourself right now.
Calm down bro. You might hurt somebody's feelings