New Hire

NewJack

Good Evening, I start Monday as a casual driver. I saw my Edd I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I feel like the start of a playoff game, win or go home. Any pointers to help me bring home the Lombardi Trophy?

NewJack

You have already seen your EDD for Monday?

So, in addition to being overly excited, you are also psychic?
Wow, I wasn't expecting a response like that. I expected more of a welcome aboard do this don't do that kind of stuff. I just want to be the best I can be and thought that maybe this forum could help the NEW HIRE. Maybe you never played sports and had that butterfly feeling in your stomach before the whistle, but the coach said relax you'll be alright. Maybe you've been down so long and forgot that feeling. One thing you did teach me is to never forget where I came from and never let the job change my attitude.

PT Car Washer

You should be able to get your hands on a paper copy of a previous days EDD. Run the route with your car paying attention to where you can park and possible delivery locations. A driver sup will be going with you the first couple days but don't count on him knowing the route.

NewJack

Thanks a lot PT Washer. I have the EDD and I'm going to run the route this weekend. The Sup is going with me, I think he knows the route but I want to make a good impression. I want him to feel confident about letting me go out on my own. The only way he's going to feel confident is if I'M CONFIDENT. Thanks again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thanks a lot PT Washer. I have the EDD and I'm going to run the route this weekend. The Sup is going with me, I think he knows the route but I want to make a good impression. I want him to feel confident about letting me go out on my own. The only way he's going to feel confident is if I'M CONFIDENT. Thanks again.

Do you have the DOL, not the EDD?

NewJack

I saw what PT Washer just explained to me, a previous day EDD for the route. I haven't the faintest idea what a DOL is. Explain please.

PT Car Washer

I saw what PT Washer just explained to me, a previous day EDD for the route. I haven't the faintest idea what a DOL is. Explain please.
Delivery Order Listing. How EDD wants you to deliver the route. Some are on the money and others not so much. Depending on your management team you can always "tweak" the delivery order to be more efficient. Don't just assume the DOL is the best and fastest and only way to run the route.

NewJack

Delivery Order Listing. How EDD wants you to deliver the route. Some are on the money and others not so much. Depending on your management team you can always "tweak" the delivery order to be more efficient. Don't just assume the DOL is the best and fastest and only way to run the route.
I noticed it seemed to bounce around a little. I figured it was due to time sensitive packages and maybe the time certain places opened. That was a GREAT HELP I will definitely apply that option if necessary. Thanks.

Indecisi0n

You should be able to get your hands on a paper copy of a previous days EDD. Run the route with your car paying attention to where you can park and possible delivery locations. A driver sup will be going with you the first couple days but don't count on him knowing the route.
I love when they send me out with a sup who doesn't know the area as oppose to a knowledgeable driver. So instead of me drivin back and forth like a :censored2: there are now two of us driving around like retards.

I started off the street as a peak driver and was asked to stay on and have since made senority ....keep ur mouth shut when it comes to complaints ...ask questions anytime you are unsure of anything ...bust your ass ....and what I think made me stand out call the center when you start you last 10 stops and tell them hey I'm about 10 stops out any missloads need ran or other driver need help

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I started off the street as a peak driver and was asked to stay on and have since made senority ....keep ur mouth shut when it comes to complaints ...ask questions anytime you are unsure of anything ...bust your ass ....and what I think made me stand out call the center when you start you last 10 stops and tell them hey I'm about 10 stops out any missloads need ran or other driver need help

I do the latter through the DIAD.

NewJack

Good looking out New Guy. I feels great to know that there are some guys in brown that hasn't forgotten when they were New Hire. Thanks for the information. I will definitely post if I have any questions.

NewJack

I didn't start yet..I've been ready to go since last Monday. Every day I go to the Center I'm told not today. Its either to slow or something happened. I'm going from excited to frustrated. What should I do?

Definitely don't let it get to you it's just how things are you are the last to drive ....there has to be enough routes on and a driver sup available to train you ...sux but it's normal

NewJack

Good Morning, I started working the last week in July. Man my body is sore, I felt like I ran a couple of full courts. The work is definitely demanding. However, it has been very inconsistent again. I worked only about two days every week for the last three weeks. I hope it gets better.