New hires making more

kidboy123

Our building is hiring part-timers for 22$ hrs without bumping the rest of the building people have worked there for 3 years without a raise making 15$
this is so :censored2:ed

Jetboat1

Part timers are the union disposable tampons. Don't like it friend off! Drivers get 40$ an hour. Part timers make less than Amazon employees to fund the full timers welfare.

PPH_over_9000

Our building is hiring part-timers for 22$ hrs without bumping the rest of the building people have worked there for 3 years without a raise making 15$
this is so *ed

Got some news for ya, bud, they don't give a :censored2:.

Short story: When I started on the preload in 2012 I made $8/hr (maybe $8.50, memory's a bit hazy). I made the jump to 22.4 last year, and my PT payrate was $16 and some change. The new guys, though? The ones coming in an loading 1 or two trucks while I got my ass worked over with a minimum 4 every day for nearly a decade? Yeah, they came in making $14/hr. My 8-9 years only entitled me to $2/hr more than a new hire.

That was actually one of my main motivators for getting the hell off the preload.

As far as your complaint goes, I'm 100% sympathetic. I agree with you and think that, if starting rates are increased, existing employees should have their pay rates adjusted to reflect those increases. That's just not how it works, though-- they're looking to bring people in, they don't give a damn about retaining the people they already have.

*Also, people working there for 3 years should've at least gotten a raise once per year. If they've been at the same payrate for 3 years. you guys need to bring this up with a steward and then your BA if the steward's unwilling to press the issue.

Last edited:

JustDeliverIt

this is so *ed

I'd talk to a supervisor. They are bumping the starting wage to $18/hr here for all PT positions and anyone already working here that makes less than that is jumping up to $18 as well.

squanchito

check the 705 contract. this is :censored2:ed.

Chicago Area Wage Adjustment for
Part Time Employees
In light of the Market Rate Adjustment (“MRA”)
program in the Chicagoland area, and in order to ensure
compliance with the ever-changing requirements of Cook
County and the City of Chicago, United Parcel Service, Inc.
and Teamsters Local 705 agree to apply Article 22.5 of the
Teamsters Local 705 and United Parcel Service Agreement
as follows:
Seniority employees as of Date of Ratification (“affected
employees”) whose hourly wage rate is less than $15.00 per
hour, will have their hourly wage rates converted to $15.00
an hour. Such wage rate conversions will be prospectively
effective January 21, 2019, which is the planned expiration
date of the current MRAs.
General wage increases will not be applied until August
1, 2021.
In the event future MRAs are applied to any part time
employee whose wage rate did not increase as a result of this
LOA, those MRAs will not result in such new employees
receiving an MRA hourly rate that exceeds the rate paid to
the affected employees. If economic conditions change, the
Parties agree to meet and discuss the need for changes to this LOA.