New, Improved (?) Response Thread

newgirl

Just the other day we were told no p2 del until p1 is finished. Customers shud get p1 before another gets p2 but customers don’t know if you did a p2 first and they still got their p1 on time. This company could be lot more efficient if we could mix as long as no late p1. I’m not say do 20 p2 but right now if I’m at end of p1 at 1120 and have 2 hoods left I have to do p1 in one ,skip the p2 ,go to the other hood and do the p1 and p2 and go back to the other hood to do the p2 which could have been on same street or next door,it happens. No common sense anymore and most of us want to get done and go home.
The job is easy but Fed makes it frustrating
seriously. if we deliver everything by commitment who cares when I deliver the p2. It's saving time, fuel and wear and tear on the truck. There has to be some reason resi's went to 1200 commit.

MAKAVELI

seriously. if we deliver everything by commitment who cares when I deliver the p2. It's saving time, fuel and wear and tear on the truck. There has to be some reason resi's went to 1200 commit.
They went to 1200 because P1 volume is through the roof and they don't want to lose $ paying MBG.

HedleyLamarr

Just the other day we were told no p2 del until p1 is finished. Customers shud get p1 before another gets p2 but customers don’t know if you did a p2 first and they still got their p1 on time. This company could be lot more efficient if we could mix as long as no late p1. I’m not say do 20 p2 but right now if I’m at end of p1 at 1120 and have 2 hoods left I have to do p1 in one ,skip the p2 ,go to the other hood and do the p1 and p2 and go back to the other hood to do the p2 which could have been on same street or next door,it happens. No common sense anymore and most of us want to get done and go home.
The job is easy but Fed makes it frustrating
We have been told the same. That is fine if your route is condensed and in town, but it doesn't work out in the country. My route is a bit of a mixed bag. The section that is out in the country, I always straight line. I wouldn't clock out until after 2000 if I didn't.

NC man

Agree but higher ups don’t get it lol.never ran a route in their life or stepped in a truck

outtatime

I’m dense. How is Response forcing customers to ship P1?
Previously, bulk stops knew that if they received even 1 P1 that they would also get all their P2 at the same time, by 10:30. Now, if they want their packages by 10:30 they will have to pay for P1 service as the P2's for them hasn't even arrived to the station yet.

MassWineGuy

I can see many customers reevaluating their P1 needs and switching heavily to P2. Especially given how many P1’s are delivered late.

MAKAVELI

I can see many customers reevaluating their P1 needs and switching heavily to P2. Especially given how many P1’s are delivered late.
The major shippers ship p1 when they have to have AM service. The P2 they ship is not going to to be switched to P1 just because the driver del them in the PM. It's just another stupid theory by upper management.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Previously, bulk stops knew that if they received even 1 P1 that they would also get all their P2 at the same time, by 10:30. Now, if they want their packages by 10:30 they will have to pay for P1 service as the P2's for them hasn't even arrived to the station yet.
Receiving at many bulk stops close at noon.

They may never get their P2.

Stat41

I’m dense. How is Response forcing customers to ship P1?
It is...ahem...strongly encouraging customers to ship P1 because that is the best way to get their package delivered at least on the correct day. Also discourages shippers from shipping P2 because it may arrive on the second sort and be delivered later in the afternoon, or as we have seen recently, day or days after it is due.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Actually it is, but for the most part delivering a few P2 with your P1 isn't an issue.
It's not a policy. CBP is to deliver all P2 with P1 as long as doing so won't jeopardize other P1 packages. If you have to make 2 trips to prevent/reduce P1 service failures, then make 2 trips.

That said, there's a trainer in Collierville who tells couriers to split up P1 and P2 packages all the time with absolutely no exceptions. And you damn well better take anything and everything you hear in that classroom as gospel, no matter how ridiculous it is. The trainer can't be fired, is treading water until retirement, and makes no effort to hide either fact.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Forget whatever you’ve heard about diverting P2 away from Memphis, lightening the load on the hub, reducing flights. Forget all that bull*. This is about one thing, squeezing customers into P1.... that’s all it’s about.
It's both.

Stat41

There are plenty of people who can't figure out how to do that without having late P1s. Otherwise, everyone should be allowed to do it.
You are right Dano, but the managers need to find the people who mix and have lates and deal with them and leave those of us who can provide good service AND productivity alone. Until they provide targeted discipline, the bad employees are going to continue to mix and have lates regardless.

MAKAVELI

You are right Dano, but the managers need to find the people who mix and have lates and deal with them and leave those of us who can provide good service AND productivity alone. Until they provide targeted discipline, the bad employees are going to continue to mix and have lates regardless.
This company can't find their ass from a hole in the ground at this point.

NC man

Yep this company has always done blanket blame, never going to individuals that are the problem,it’s unreal

El Morado Diablo

This would be possible if managers didn't manage by reports (as in, not ending up on a report). If you can finish all of your P1's and mix in a few stand alones without a late you should be good. The problem is the guy across town who has a late that shows up on a report. Management starts looking at stand alones and want to know why help wasn't available even though they know you couldn't help.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
This would be possible if managers didn't manage by reports (as in, not ending up on a report). If you can finish all of your P1's and mix in a few stand alones without a late you should be good. The problem is the guy across town who has a late that shows up on a report. Management starts looking at stand alones and want to know why help wasn't available even though they know you couldn't help.
ROADS has eliminated the need to load level, remember?

You are an island unto yourself.

Maui

This is somewhat true. Everyone knows that stand-alones in one part of the service area are meaningless for help 45+ minutes away. However, when there are hundreds of stand-alones there shouldn’t be lates anywhere.

They just show excess capacity and a bad route structure. You can absolutely design efficient routes if you get on-road early that make service and do SA. But some will see that as excess capacity. Did that station really need al those routes or all those rentals when they did 500 SA stops BEFORE 1030? Why are these routes finishing business PO before 1015?

Couldn’t they cut routes with better balancing? Not only are there SA, but resi heavy routes doing 1200 commits before 1030 also. I honestly don’t think there would be much noise if a largish station had <25 lates and SA, but if you’re being asked to run service and avoid SA I’d keep in mind the local goal might be to protect staffing and keep all the rentals so that when they ask for additional resources they have credibility.

falcon back

It's not a policy. CBP is to deliver all P2 with P1 as long as doing so won't jeopardize other P1 packages. If you have to make 2 trips to prevent/reduce P1 service failures, then make 2 trips.

That said, there's a trainer in Collierville who tells couriers to split up P1 and P2 packages all the time with absolutely no exceptions. And you damn well better take anything and everything you hear in that classroom as gospel, no matter how ridiculous it is. The trainer can't be fired, is treading water until retirement, and makes no effort to hide either fact.
You wouldn't throw the lady under the bus would you?