New, Improved (?) Response Thread

Stat41

Pay alone has very little to do with workplace culture. It’s best to terminate the workers that constantly complain about things. They are a cancer that spreads through the workgroup.
So the employees who complain about not getting the pay they were promised from the step program a couple of years ago should be terminated. Or any other legitimate complaint. It will send a message to be employees to be quiet and stay in your place. In my opinion Fedex should address the root problem, not shoot the messenger.

Last edited:

It will be fine

So the employees who complain about not getting the pay they were promised from the step program a couple of years ago should be terminated. Or any other legitimate complaint. It will send a message to be employees to be quiet and stay in your place. In my opinion Fedex should address the root problem, not shoot the messenger.
Yes. They should terminate the people that complain all the time, I know I do. If you don’t keep the negativity in check it gets out of control. You could pay those people UPS wages and they’d just find something else to complain about bringing the entire workforce down with them.

Bringitback

Just the other day we were told no p2 del until p1 is finished. Customers shud get p1 before another gets p2 but customers don’t know if you did a p2 first and they still got their p1 on time. This company could be lot more efficient if we could mix as long as no late p1. I’m not say do 20 p2 but right now if I’m at end of p1 at 1120 and have 2 hoods left I have to do p1 in one ,skip the p2 ,go to the other hood and do the p1 and p2 and go back to the other hood to do the p2 which could have been on same street or next door,it happens. No common sense anymore and most of us want to get done and go home.
The job is easy but Fed makes it frustrating
The problem with the p1 cycle is... The mapping system FedEx currently uses is decades old... The management/engineers have not updated the current routes. They can add multiple routes or remove some that should not be present... With that being said, have you ever wondered why the future days are sent down the belt everyday?? It's for one due to the fact that it doesn't get separated at the ramps in that manner, and stations are unable to store it. With future days being mixed in everyday of the week, management gets an unclear picture of what every route has day-to-day. = Failure.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes. They should terminate the people that complain all the time, I know I do. If you don’t keep the negativity in check it gets out of control. You could pay those people UPS wages and they’d just find something else to complain about bringing the entire workforce down with them.
Yes, that’s much easier than addressing their complaints. Not your problem.

Hope each one gets unemployment benefits.

It will be fine

Yes, that’s much easier than addressing their complaints. Not your problem.

Hope each one gets unemployment benefits.
Everyone thinks their complaints are unique and valid. It’s a victimhood complex that permeates our society. If they aren’t happy where they work they should find new employment.

MassWineGuy

This broad definition covers many people accurately. But for me it’s a more systemic problem. Why do some employers make it challenging to work for them? Especially now, with so many vacant positions. I think it’s often a case of not knowing how to manage people effectively, as well as focusing on little policy infractions as opposed to supporting your staff. Eg: Broken down vehicles, broken or inadequate equipment, etc. or not paying better when they’re practically printing money.

In my doc sort we can’t even get enough plastic bags for the docs. Which is more important? A former SM once scolded me for wearing a thin black Patagonia underlayer beneath my FedEx parka.

Aquaman

Everyone thinks their complaints are unique and valid. It’s a victimhood complex that permeates our society. If they aren’t happy where they work they should find new employment.
Telling people to find new employment if they don’t like it is in no way helping or addressing the problems discussed. That exact mindset is the cause of 100% of the complaints at this company. And yet in your mind you view it as the solution. No man, it’s the problem.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Telling people to find new employment if they don’t like it is in no way helping or addressing the problems discussed. That exact mindset is the cause of 100% of the complaints at this company. And yet in your mind you view it as the solution. No man, it’s the problem.
Intimidation is the management style of the incompetent. And Itsy has an unsupported superiority complex.

It will be fine

If your main complaint is pay then finding new employment is the solution. Workers accepted a job at the offered pay. Everyday workers show up to work demonstrates that acceptance. If workers can find better pay elsewhere and that’s what’s important to them, they should take the pay raise. The corporation owes workers nothing more than the compensation offered. The workers owe the corporation nothing more than their labor. It’s a basic transaction with easy remedies in a free market.

falcon back

A usual whiner response. Why try to fix the problem? Just move along and take one of these great paying jobs that people always mention on here. Do you and the other pathetic whiners on here actually think posting on here or bitching at work is going to resolve your complaints? Not a chance. Put the company in your rearview mirror and go work somewhere else. Or, keep working at Fdx and in 5 years, your bitching and whining will continue, just like it was 5 years ago.

fdxsux

If your main complaint is pay then finding new employment is the solution. Workers accepted a job at the offered pay. Everyday workers show up to work demonstrates that acceptance. If workers can find better pay elsewhere and that’s what’s important to them, they should take the pay raise. The corporation owes workers nothing more than the compensation offered. The workers owe the corporation nothing more than their labor. It’s a basic transaction with easy remedies in a free market.
Fedex pays me as little as possible and I do as little work as possible.😁

Aquaman

“The corporation owes workers nothing more than the compensation offered” - I completely agree. I’ve been here 14 years. I deserve to be topped out. There is no reason an employee should take a job expecting to make their starting wage forever. The company sets top out... not me. Again, I’m not the one saying what top pay is. FedEx sets the pay scale. It’s not too much to ask to move up it at a consistent rate. The company “offers” pay that they don’t want anyone reaching. That needs to change. What we don’t need is more “if you don’t like it, there’s the door” people. There’s enough of them running this disaster.

It will be fine

“The corporation owes workers nothing more than the compensation offered” - I completely agree. I’ve been here 14 years. I deserve to be topped out. There is no reason an employee should take a job expecting to make their starting wage forever. The company sets top out... not me. Again, I’m not the one saying what top pay is. FedEx sets the pay scale. It’s not too much to ask to move up it at a consistent rate. The company “offers” pay that they don’t want anyone reaching. That needs to change. What we don’t need is more “if you don’t like it, there’s the door” people. There’s enough of them running this disaster.
They don’t owe anyone raises. Employees that do the exact same job at a company as when they started should expect to earn the same wage. That’s what entry level jobs are.

fdxsux

They don’t owe anyone raises. Employees that do the exact same job at a company as when they started should expect to earn the same wage. That’s what entry level jobs are.
You don’t think an employee that’s been in a position for 14yrs deserves the top pay the company offers for that position?

dezguy

Except the company has set a minimum and a maximum pay. If the company has no intention of allowing people to reach maximum pay, they shouldn't be advertising it as a way to recruit new employees.