New InfoNotice, English/Spanish

happyboy

We got new infonotices the other day in our center, I noticed something was strange when the didn't fit in my pocket very well. So i took a closer look at it and I had A hard time reading it. I then realized that the print was smaller and there were words on it i could not read. Upon closer inspection i realized it was English/ Spanish..,. Are you kidding me? what is this worl coming to.

It will take me longer to figure out what boxes i need to check. The spanish words mess me up and The print is smaller so it will take me longer to fill them out. They fall out of my pocket easier so i will spend time picking them up. I figure it will take me an extra 10 to 15 minutes a day to deal with these new info notices I'll just say if i spend an extra hour a week times 48 weeks times $40 an hour i just got a backdoor $1900 a year raise.. Thanks UPS hurry up and come up with a German info notice.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
They don't fit into the pocket? That's going to slow down my stops per hour.

Its probably a field test of a new design. Not speaking as a member of management here, by the way. Isn't it common sense to do a field test in a building or two before ramping up to system-wide? Think of everything else UPS has done--DIAD IV for example. I think I've seen posts in the last 8 months or so in which people are just now getting those. Relax. These info notices will probably go through a couple design changes before being implemented system-wide. UPS is a lot of things but stupid about efficiency isn't usually one of them! -Rocky

Fishbulb

we've had those new notices for a few months now in my hub. they suck! i dont care about the english/spanish part, thats actually helpful since 2 of the towns i deliver to are predominantly spanish(even those a**holes still wait til the3rd attempt to sign the back of it). They dont fit in your pocket properly, have to fold them in half & even though there's a hole for hanging them on the door, all the doorknobs are too big & rip the notice or sometimes the knobs are too small & the wind blows the notice right off. All the drivers in my center ask for the old ones & when they find a bundle of them they take about 6 or 7 stacks to stock up on them

local804

I agree.....Just place the center phone number on the bottom of all of them. I dont speak spanish and neither does the oms girls. Why dont we have Chinese in Chinatown, or Italian in little Italy UPS?
Imo we have 1 language, you have plenty of time to learn it (at the taxpayers expense)
learn it or get out.

bad company

semi-pro
The following information comes from UPSers.com and can be found at:

Bilingual InfoNotice (Week-ending September 1)

To better meet the needs of the growing Spanish-speaking population, a bilingual InfoNotice has been developed that includes information in English and Spanish.

Date to be given:Week-ending September 1Audience:All U.S. Package Car Drivers and Center ClerksVisual:Bilingual InfoNoticeIntroduction
Based on customer and package car driver feedback, the bilingual InfoNotice was developed to improve service and reduce customer calls and concerns.

Key Messages

· The bilingual InfoNotice includes information in both English and Spanish.
· It was tested in several districts with positive results.
· It provides an additional opportunity to offer reliable, dependable service to our customers.

Conclusion
By using the bilingual InfoNotice, we demonstrate our reliability and flexibility, which helps distinguish us from the competition.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
what's a damn worthless info notice gonna do? to better serve our customers, UPS should pay for our spanish classes or give us a bilingual pay.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Oh goody, When are we gonna get the Spanish PAL labels and tracking labels???:tongue_sm

What of the spanish language for our diad using Spaniard brothers and sisters?

Griff

They don't fit into the pocket? That's going to slow down my stops per hour.

No, I'm sure the "brains" at IE think reaching into your pocket to grab the infonotices is a waste of valuable UPS time. Since these don't fit in your pocket, that's one less wasted motion throughout the day. This will no doubt save UPS millions, chalk another great idea up for IE, what would we do without them?

Overpaid Union Thug

I like them better because they aren't as wide and the signature field is on the front instead of the back. The Spanish doesn't bother me as long as the English is still on there and always the first option. I just laugh when I hear people complaining about it. It's not hard to ignore the Spanish on there.

satellitedriver

A few phrases we need to know;

I need your signature for this package.
Necesito su firma para este paquete.

I need a money order for this amount.
Necesito un giro postal de esta cantidad.

Does your dog bite?
¿Muerde su perro?

I am not INS.
No soy el INS.

Press one for English, then learn it.
Apriete un para el inglés, luego apréndalo.

Tienen un dia agradable mis amigos UPS,
SAT.