new logo

W

wigman

I heard a rumor that UPS is getting a new logo soon. Has anyone else heard this?

8up

I would not count on it. Look at how much they have spent promoting the UPS "brand" with the "Brown" campaign lately. The tightening econony and drop in volume from the competition which has reduced revenue in a time of increasing cost, I couldn't see any company shelling out the big bucks it costs just to upgrade a well-known logo for something new.
Would you?

W

wigman

No I would not. I share your logic. However the rumor is out there. For what it's worth, I saw it on the teamster.net web site. March 25 is to be the announcement day in NYC. We shall see. Peace!

C

cheryl

This topic was discussed here a few weeks ago but got kind of lost when it got mixed up with the MBE topic...

U

upsr

I saw the logo info listed on this site too! Showing the pics of the different logo designs through-out the years.

Y

yonnko

I figure they will make a logo change and any other changes i;e such as uniforms, and tie it in with the 100th anniversary of the company

P

proups

How about a logo with a globe replacing the string bow in the box above the shield that contains the letters UPS?

B

bigk

New logo coming out monday some trucks already in the paint shop covered up till then

U

upslocal480

Ok, lets assume a logo change is comming. Sounds like a waste of time and money to me. It'll cost UPS to make those changes and I seriously doubt whatever it is will actually increase business. It'll be worth about as much as a "safety meeting"...and that is negligible at best.

(Message edited by upslocal480 on March 22, 2003)

W

wigman

I got a message in my diad this past friday to report to work 15 minutes early this coming tues. for a mass pcm. I am anxious and eager to see if it is a quarterly safety meeting or a corperatewide unveiling of the logo I heard about. I asked my manager a few weeks ago if we are getting a new logo and he looked at me as if I were green and told me he knew of no such thing.

P

proups

480: you bring such joy to this board. I am always eager to read your positive, enlightening posts. You should be a CEO somewhere.........else.

S

sendagain

I've seen some trucks covered up with paper. It must be a new logo. This is about as exciting as a hangnail. I'd much rather improve the company than change the logo. We should spend as much time caring for our customers as we do for our trucks, then maybe we wouldn't lose volume.

B

bigbrownone

After you log into upsers.com they now have "The History of the Shield". This was put up on friday.

B

bigbrownone

also on upsers.com:

What's happening at work this week (week ending March 28)

One company. One vision. One brand. week -- "One company. One vision. One brand." week will focus on UPS's vision for the future and service promise to customers. A number of PCMs are planned for the week.

Brand Leadership -- A PCM on brand leadership will be given to all UPS employees as part of "One company. One vision. One brand." week

"One company. One vision. One brand." week will focus on UPS's vision for the future and service promise to customers.

U

upslocal480

"480: you bring such joy to this board. I am always eager to read your positive, enlightening posts. You should be a CEO somewhere.........else."

Yes my posts may be negative in nature sometimes but they blend in so very well with the rest of the posts on the board. I am a bit puzzled about something though....Looking in the terms of service section of this board, I can't seem to find a passage stating that all my posts must be of the "positive nature" and be formed from a "CEO Perspective".