New management rumor

SmithBarney

Except we lost the address label when they did that. Think of all the extra time spent typing addresses in by hand now...

yes and no, I though so too, but then we went DRA it didn't matter much
anymore(I have maybe one or two a week,out of all my packages that I
have to enter manually.) And most Stations are SRA or DRA actually I
don't know of any, other than possibly domicile routes that would even
need an address barcode. The off chance of a bad address that doesn't show.

Star B

White Lightening
That address bar is definitely needed. At least twice a month I don't have a delivery list. So, scanning the address or typing it is!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I don't have DRA for my route and don't use SRA either.

McFeely

Huge Member
That address bar is definitely needed. At least twice a month I don't have a delivery list. So, scanning the address or typing it is!

I remember one Saturday during peak my delivery list didn't load (SRA) on my PPAD. I did 83 stops that day and had to type in EVERY. FRIGGIN. AMAZON. BOX.

Gah!

McFeely

Huge Member
I'm a mother-:censored2:ing madman with an address list. E-notes, closures, piece counts, hot receptionist names saved, etc. Full-tilt beast mode when it's all working.

Like a well-oiled machine :D

outtatime

Who misses the good old days of making your own bar code address labels with the printer and putting them on your tiny signature clipboard so you could scan them with your tracker and save 10 seconds a stop?

dezguy

I recently had a newish hire co worker have a full on meltdown because their powerpad crashed and they couldn't get it back up and running, 10 minutes after leaving the station. No powerpads left by they time they got back to switch out so they had to go del record for the day.

Really doesn't take that much longer, more of a pain in the ass but somehow they convinced the manager to leave behind a boatload of stops and only took out 20 or so stops for the day, from what I understand and then proceeded to throw a hissy fit about it and made sure they got back to the station late.

I don't know what some of these people would have done back when I started when that was the ONLY way to get a delivery done.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I recently had a newish hire co worker have a full on meltdown because their powerpad crashed and they couldn't get it back up and running, 10 minutes after leaving the station. No powerpads left by they time they got back to switch out so they had to go del record for the day.

Really doesn't take that much longer, more of a pain in the ass but somehow they convinced the manager to leave behind a boatload of stops and only took out 20 or so stops for the day, from what I understand and then proceeded to throw a hissy fit about it and made sure they got back to the station late.

I don't know what some of these people would have done back when I started when that was the ONLY way to get a delivery done.
Because the new people are babied. At least that courier knew how to use a delivery record. LOL.

Star B

White Lightening

They would have done it the way you did it... because they would be been trained on it. The only time newbies see a delivery record is if we turn the sig record over and read it. They don't teach it at all in class.

whenIgetthere

Who misses the good old days of making your own bar code address labels with the printer and putting them on your tiny signature clipboard so you could scan them with your tracker and save 10 seconds a stop?

One of the people who had my route previously has about a hundred of those labels (three per label) covering the wall above my P1 section of my truck. Would take longer to find the street from there than to type it in.

dex 84

Mine is SRA but it's so broken for some areas, especially some of the border areas between loops that it's more trouble than it's worth. Plus, for some reason you lose the same street and same building buttons when you get a del list and I use those a ton.

The main thing i like about the del list is the route status button. I hit it after every stop. It's my countdown to being done for the day.

Star B

White Lightening
You don't lose the same street/same building buttons. I have them and use them when I need to. They just don't populate from the list to the button.