New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

FilingBluesFL

We were told this past Friday of a brand new metric we get to enjoy!

It's the "RDR" which stands for "Record/Drive/Release."

Basically, you record a package, travel a distance, then release said package.

It's basically geared on keeping you accountable for recording your package at the location you're supposed to, and to help make sure you're not recording an air you think will be late, then driving to that location, and subsequently releasing the air "on time."

The best part is, it's supposed to be super-duper precise.

So of course I asked, "So when we have a really long driveway we can't drive down, are we no longer allowed to record it at the end of the driveway before we start walking? Can we now only scan the package close to the door to prevent triggering the report?"

Supervisors were dumbfounded as usual...

I assume we'll start seeing people terminated for this in the pretty near future, and them having to argue why they sheeted it where they did.

PT Car Washer

If you are walking I don't think it will trigger a report. If you scan the stop and then drive down the lane it would. A lot of times I will take a NDA to the dock and the dock master says it goes up front. You could explain that when brought in to the office.

FilingBluesFL

If you are walking I don't think it will trigger a report. If you scan the stop and then drive down the lane it would. A lot of times I will take a NDA to the dock and the dock master says it goes up front. You could explain that when brought in to the office.

I was used as the "example." And I walked from one building to another lol So it doesn't matter if driving or walking.

PT Car Washer

Yeah they can look at where you scanned the package and where you stop completed the stop. I assume maybe you went to the wrong building first. You can explain that away.

S

selfcancelsignal

Sounds like days'll get longer. Straight Air ONLY 1st everyday.? Yay!

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Super-duper precise? Yea right. Every time a trace comes in it shows a release point other than where I left it.

This might really upset the runner-gunners on the other hand. Can't get in those extra 5 stops anymore before the air.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I have a diad question. All NDA's require a signature right? So, if you say....scan a NDA at the end of a street...or the end of a really long driveway... so it's not late....then 5 min later...you obtain the sig and complete the stop...wouldn't that info already be recorded in your board for a center manager to look up and see if they wanted to?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I have a diad question. All NDA's require a signature right? So, if you say....scan a NDA at the end of a street...or the end of a really long driveway... so it's not late....then 5 min later...you obtain the sig and complete the stop...wouldn't that info already be recorded in your board for a center manager to look up and see if they wanted to?

We DR resi NDA in my parts, only difference is the time.

ViewAskew

Resi NDA can be released, unless I was trained incorrectly

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

Only business NDA require a signature. center manager can look at a printed map that shows the point and time you scanned the package and the point and time you stop completed. Can do this with any stop. Scanning and then moving the package car sends a red flag out and generates a report.

upsgrunt

They are only concerned with NDA. I asked, because sometimes I forget to hit "stop complete" between stops on residentials, and only discover it when I get to the next stop. My management said ground is ok.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Only business NDA require a signature. center manager can look at a printed map that shows the point and time you scanned the package and the point and time you stop completed. Can do this with any stop. Scanning and then moving the package car sends a red flag out and generates a report.
Yes i knew that last part. Is it also true that it'll raise a red flag if PC stops...bulkhead door isn't opened...and you scan and deliver a package? (Aka driving with packages in the cab...)

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
That is one of the greatest mysteries at UPS. I don't think anyone truly knows what telemetrics shows. They have made this job so complicated you will unknowingly violate any number of methods on any given stop.

PT Car Washer

I believe having the package in the cab with you would be a methods violation. Yes they could see that if someone looked at the telematics report. Won't get you fired. RDR can get you fired for falsifying a delivery.

iowa boy

We were told this past Friday of a brand new metric we get to enjoy!

It's the "RDR" which stands for "Record/Drive/Release."

Basically, you record a package, travel a distance, then release said package.

It's basically geared on keeping you accountable for recording your package at the location you're supposed to, and to help make sure you're not recording an air you think will be late, then driving to that location, and subsequently releasing the air "on time."

The best part is, it's supposed to be super-duper precise.

So of course I asked, "So when we have a really long driveway we can't drive down, are we no longer allowed to record it at the end of the driveway before we start walking? Can we now only scan the package close to the door to prevent triggering the report?"

Supervisors were dumbfounded as usual...

I assume we'll start seeing people terminated for this in the pretty near future, and them having to argue why they sheeted it where they did.

Here we were told as long as we are on the receivers property we can sheet the NDA.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
not all nda require signature. Businesses yes and some resies do sometimes.