New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

Rainman

Its all good.
I know this is from a long time ago, but can you describe step by step how to do this? There's been times I deliver to an apt complex that's level 4 and leave the packages where the customer wasn't home with the leasing office. I had no idea that I could use prerecording so I'd instead scan all the packages as one stop (since they all have the same address, only different apt. number) and use 'left at' so instead of it being counted as a business stop I could still list the original receiver as residential and list the left at location. I think your method of using prerecord would be a lot easier but I was never trained on how to do that.
Put all stops in prerecord.
When you are ready to leave the packages at the rental office, push prerecord to reenter the prerecord screen.
When the curser is highlighting the stop, push 1 for resi or 2 for commercial.
Move the curser to the next stop, repeat.
When done hit signature, enter.
Get signature.
It will ask where you left packages of left at, and again for location type( office, dock, ect).
Done.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
We were told this past Friday of a brand new metric we get to enjoy!

It's the "RDR" which stands for "Record/Drive/Release."

Basically, you record a package, travel a distance, then release said package.

It's basically geared on keeping you accountable for recording your package at the location you're supposed to, and to help make sure you're not recording an air you think will be late, then driving to that location, and subsequently releasing the air "on time."

The best part is, it's supposed to be super-duper precise.

So of course I asked, "So when we have a really long driveway we can't drive down, are we no longer allowed to record it at the end of the driveway before we start walking? Can we now only scan the package close to the door to prevent triggering the report?"

Supervisors were dumbfounded as usual...

I assume we'll start seeing people terminated for this in the pretty near future, and them having to argue why they sheeted it where they did.
Too bad this metric didn't exist in 2004. It could have prevented a multi-million dollar settlement. Not all metrics are bad.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
That's a shame, although she'll probably look back on it some day and be grateful.
She was 54 years old...one year away from being eligible for the company-funded retiree medical insurance that would have covered her until she was eligible for Medicare at 65. That's about $150,000 in insurance costs alone that the company saved by whacking her, not to mention the salary and pension differential between her and the 24 year old kid they replaced her with. I'm not seeing much room for gratitude on that one.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
She was 54 years old...one year away from being eligible for the company-funded retiree medical insurance that would have covered her until she was eligible for Medicare at 65. That's about $150,000 in insurance costs alone that the company saved by whacking her, not to mention the salary and pension differential between her and the 24 year old kid they replaced her with. I'm not seeing much room for gratitude on that one.
like one more late air,would have mattered. Sheet em as late and maybe this company will realize we leave to late to make their promises.

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
We never had late air back when we were on paper.
That's for sure, although I do know someone that was terminated back in the day for "updating" the delivery time written on air tags. Remember recording delivery times on air tags and then turning them in at check-in?
I misread your comment as her being 27 years old. Hopefully she'll go through EDR and get reinstated so she can retire in peace. We all need to just be honest, try to be better if possible, put on a blank stare, and zone out during the beating.