New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

Yes i knew that last part. Is it also true that it'll raise a red flag if PC stops...bulkhead door isn't opened...and you scan and deliver a package? (Aka driving with packages in the cab...)
Telematics shows how many times your bulkhead Is open and closed. Even if your truck is off, they know if the bulkhead is opened or closed.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Oh well. I will continue to sheet packages. Throw the Diad on the dash. Walk of my stop. Then stop complete. Upon entering the truck. Was trained that way. The newbies can follow that crap. With the end of this contract. I'm gone

Telematics shows how many times your bulkhead Is open and closed. Even if your truck is off, they know if the bulkhead is opened or closed.
I think it's every 10 seconds. How fast you are going. Weather you stopped at that stop sign. When the car shuts down. When the bulkhead open/closes. When your seatbelt comes off. Where you stop complete. When your seatbelt goes on. When the car starts back up. Many times it will show your bulkhead opening before the car shuts off because the engine is still winding down after you hit the stop button the second time to open the door.

Z

ZQXC

They plot on a satellite map with colored flags: the scan, the customer location, and the stop complete.

For some crazy reason they prefer that those flags are real close to one another.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We were told this past Friday of a brand new metric we get to enjoy!

It's the "RDR" which stands for "Record/Drive/Release."

Basically, you record a package, travel a distance, then release said package.

It's basically geared on keeping you accountable for recording your package at the location you're supposed to, and to help make sure you're not recording an air you think will be late, then driving to that location, and subsequently releasing the air "on time."

That is good news.

Every center, can hire more Air Drivers.

Less "pressure" on pkg car drivers.

-Bug-

Gets me in trouble on those cold winter nights when you leave the truck and heater on while you run up to the house. Recording while traveling.
I got called out on that once. I wasn't trying to beat the "system" I was trying to get my job done.

A few years back we had a really bad winter. I have alot of one way and narrow streets. no where to park and if you found a parking spot, you got stuck. (Too much snow)

So I prerecorded some stops, drove with them,in my cab. when I found a good spot to pull over, I stop completed them.

My sup asked me how you you do that many stops? and only open your door a few times?

I was tired of getting stuck in the snow, cars behind me blowung their horns. and M.Fing me!

I did what I had to do,to get the job done!...but then againg I'm a bad guy not following the rules. I should have sheeted as emergency conditions.....and they would have been happy.

Try to do the right thing. and your a POS.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
When it is dark and temps down around zero I take all the heat I can get.

You might want to think about that.

n5oozn.jpg

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I got called out on that once. I wasn't trying to beat the "system" I was trying to get my job done.

A few years back we had a really bad winter. I have alot of one way and narrow streets. no where to park and if you found a parking spot, you got stuck. (Too much snow)

So I prerecorded some stops, drove with them,in my cab. when I found a good spot to pull over, I stop completed them.

My sup asked me how you you do that many stops? and only open your door a few times?

I was tired of getting stuck in the snow, cars behind me blowung their horns. and M.Fing me!

I did what I had to do,to get the job done!...but then againg I'm a bad guy not following the rules. I should have sheeted as emergency conditions.....and they would have been happy.

Try to do the right thing. and your a POS.

Exactly the reason I don't try anymore

Exactly the reason I don't try anymore
I do It for my customers and myself. Not the company.
Ive been on my route (probably too long) and have many good customers and I will do what I can for them.

As for myself, I have my own personal pride. they ain't taking that away from me. I got a job to do, I do it. Im sure I dont make their numbers, but I do my friggin job.