New P/T Supv just trying to help his pre-loaders.

takesteady

I live in a RTW state too. That wouldn't stop me from filing a legitimate grievance. I'm just saying a warning for a first time offense is a smarter and fairer way of going about things. There actually are times I have been grateful for a pt sups help when I've been completely drowned in boxes. Why should I care that some old feeder driver I've never met before got paid because a pt sup threw a package into one of my trucks?

takesteady

I live in a RTW state too. That wouldn't stop me from filing a legitimate grievance. I'm just saying a warning for a first time offense is a smarter and fairer way of going about things. There actually are times I have been grateful for a pt sups help when I've been completely drowned in boxes. Why should I care that some old feeder driver I've never met before got paid because a pt sup threw a package into one of my trucks?

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
my supv just tells me to write them up for blocking out. It's hard for me to walk by someone who is drowning and not help them out.

Our little center has supervisors helping stack out and sort the belt. We don't grieve and they don't complain since they maintain their numbers. We have a nice little system and no one bothers us. Guess you can't get away with that at hubs....

budlight

hey friend* face
I know how it works in our hub and I absolutely love telling a sup they're in the wrong after watching 5-10 hourlies going home and watching the sups do union work. Especially the n00b sups that don't know who I am, my attitude and have been there 2 months. It's fun to watch them stop what they're doing and think they're top dogs, backpedaling. Stammering like the morons they are. That's what I do for funsies.

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
I should add to what I said earlier we have a small center so we dont have 20 call ins on the roster but if the sup is doing something because were short staffed.... File!
Especially if we got workers sitting at home.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
I told my sup he will never hear me complain about getting help from him.

Yeah sure you union guys can say "hire more people blah blah blah" but really the union should have fought for a better starting pay rate. I could have 4 years part time seniority here and I still would make more at amazon on day 1 getting paid 13.75 to be retarded for 5 hours.

The only reason any part timer stays at ups is for the insurance.

Dr.Brownz

Thanks for the replies....the situation will not change....they definitely will not hire more people to help out.......my supv just tells me to write them up for blocking out. It's hard for me to walk by someone who is drowning and not help them out.

Send another loader to help them. I find it hard to believe you are not a troll.

Drink Craft Beer

it only takes about a year, or less if you're sharp, to become as experienced a preloader as you'll ever be, so it's kinda retarded for you guys to mock that aspect of his skillset

OP, don't touch packages unless it's to clear a walkpath so they can dig themselves out

if every pull is stacked out, well you're screwed i guess? if it's only a few or half, you could talk to your FT and PDS about shifting the lineup around to create more balanced pulls

your real job is to train people, everything else is just babysitting
The things is...... contract says Sups can train newbies for up to 30 days. So if they have 2-3-4 or 5 of them coming in on a rotating basis on the pre-load to unload trucks or load package cars..... Sups can constantly say "I'm training" while loading or unloading while they make the newbie take forever to approx. reach their 30 days.

No veteran hourlies keep track of hours or days.

Dr.Brownz

it only takes about a year, or less if you're sharp, to become as experienced a preloader as you'll ever be, so it's kinda retarded for you guys to mock that aspect of his skillset

It's not about the skillset, just like with driving too. It's about the strain and damage that repeated motions cause. You management clowns act like people are machines. All management manage because they are fairies , can't get your shirt dirty right? There is no management person at UPS that has ever helped me be more efficient or safer, except when they get out of the way and let me do it my way.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
It's not about the skillset, just like with driving too. It's about the strain and damage that repeated motions cause. You management clowns act like people are machines. All management manage because they are fairies , can't get your shirt dirty right? There is no management person at UPS that has ever helped me be more efficient or safer, except when they get out of the way and let me do it my way.

I don't know your experience but in my experience I've had a few good sups that are legit helpful. Both part and full time

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads
Maybe you should become a supervisor since you couldn't hack it as a driver, bitch legs

Planning on it! Getting a fitness degree and getting the :censored2: out.

BTW there's a difference between "couldn't hack it" and wanting to live with my dignity.... I resigned and a week later they wanted me back for seasonal. I laughed at their face.

Last edited:

MendozaJ

If the sups are going to nitpick my loading methods and try to increase my 200 pph to 220 pph, on top of the constant observations and DOK while shorting my paycheck, I will say, each and every :censored2: time, "Why you working." That is not a question. It is a statement that means cut that :censored3: out.

Indecisi0n

I did the same thing as a part time sup on the local sort. I'd help my employees who were struggling, often since there was no other help and they were always appreciative to get the help. One time a driver walked through and saw and started screaming at me. About four other hourly employees jumped at him telling to stop complaining and get in the trailer and help instead of just standing there yelling and doing nothing to help. He stood there dumbfounded and even started getting red in the face then walked away.

He never said anything again after that. It felt nice to know that if I help the guys out when things get rough they'd help me out. Regardless of if it was right or wrong.

Also I know I'm going to trigger some union buffs with this post.

Have a blessed night everyone.
Fake news