New P/T Supv just trying to help his pre-loaders.

Texasartist40

I'm a new PT/ Supv and I had a situation come up the other day where an air-driver (a union steward, whom I'd never seen before) threatened to file a grievance against me for helping my pre-loaders who were getting way behind while loading their cars.....several bulks came down at once. I've always tried to help out my people. If I see someone struggling, I lend them a hand to get them out of trouble and help make their day easier. I remember what it's like to have those days when everything is piling up and the frustration level is getting out of control. My guys always appreciate it. As a supervisor, I feel my only job, really, is to help them be successful and safe.....which is why it came as such a surprise that this person would file a grievance. He said I was taking jobs away from people.......? Can someone please explain this to me.

rod

Retired 22 years
Wouldn't be easier to slow the belt down a couple of notches to a reasonable speed? In the mean time don't even think about helping "your" pre-loaders

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
If you are constantly bailing people out then they won't hire more union employees...they probably won't hire more union employees cause this place is cheap...don't touch boxes...ask a driver if they'd like to start early or ask a loader to stay late.

Texasartist40

Thanks for the replies....the situation will not change....they definitely will not hire more people to help out.......my supv just tells me to write them up for blocking out. It's hard for me to walk by someone who is drowning and not help them out.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Thanks for the replies....the situation will not change....they definitely will not hire more people to help out.......my supv just tells me to write them up for blocking out. It's hard for me to walk by someone who is drowning and not help them out.
Your not gonna last long here. Start looking for another job. Good luck in your future endeavors

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Lemme guess you’ve never worked a sort

but now you are supervising one

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
5B21B77C-6018-4CBE-8448-CED9739C6AEE.gif
lol dont be butthurt because you were a little bitch ass box boy