New route first day out no supervisor

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Bid a new route on the other side of the building, talked with my new supervisor on Monday said he would be ready to ride with me Tuesday. Get in early study the route talked to a fellow coworker about the route he had done and getting tips on how to run the route. So I go PCM supervisor is in browns and as I'm getting ready to get out of the building he tells me he will meet me out on route later. I think to myself okay, well I will give it my best shot on a route I have never done with businesses I have never been to as well as air stops I have no :censored2:ing idea about. So long story short he never came out and needless to say it was a long day ahead. My question is how often does this happen? Every route that I have bid or drove a supervisor has at least came out and tried to help in some sort of fashion.

BigBrown87

Talked to my union steward and BA and they were not happy about this, union steward thinks they are trying to sabotage me from taking it.

BigBrown87

I’ve always gotten the “here’s the diad, there’s the truck... good luck” line and just done my best.
Are you a cover driver or a route driver, I know this happens a lot with cover drivers never heard it happen to a new route driver.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
In three days you have an 80% understanding of the route. In two weeks you’ll know most of it. You’ll do fine. Resort back to your basic training and do your best. Simple as that really.

BigBrown87

In three days you have an 80% understanding of the route. In two weeks you’ll know most of it. You’ll do fine. Resort back to your basic training and do your best. Simple as that really.
Looked at the gps most of the day kind of makes me regret leaving my old route. I told my BA I will sleep on it in regards to turning it down but this makes me think what will happen in 30 or 40 days down the road with these clowns.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
In my area once you bid a route you have to do it for 6 months before you can bid on another route. Well, you can give it up and float / cover, but 6 months before you can bid.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was a cover guy for 15 years. I had rides for 4 routes and I knew 20+. If you have been around for any length of time and cannot figure out a route on your own, you might not be in the right job.

When I did bid a route, I did not have a ride until my safety ride, 7 months after I bid the route.

BigBrown87

In my area once you bid a route you have to do it for 6 months before you can bid on another route. Well, you can give it up and float / cover, but 6 months before you can bid.
In my area its 10 days to try before you have to stay on it for a year or turn it down and not be able bid for a year.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
It’s mostly by choice. I don’t like bulk city routes. Was waiting for a nice country route but got into feeder first. We all have our preferences.

OKLABob

Print your maps and ride vato. I’ve never been trained but on one route and that was in my packet after drivers school.. I know
20+ routes now that I’ve learned over the course of time.

BigBrown87

I was a cover guy for 15 years. I had rides for 4 routes and I knew 20+. If you have been around for any length of time and cannot figure out a route on your own, you might not be in the right job.

When I did bid a route, I did not have a ride until my safety ride, 7 months after I bid the route.
I hear you I figured it out it just took a lot longer then I expected. We will see what tomorrow brings I guess and go from there.

542thruNthru

Just go out and absolutely tank it bad. Bet you a sup rides with you the next day.

But yes it happens here every so often. Sups don't want to leave the office so they make up any excuse not to go. Especially when its hot.

BigBrown87

Just go out and absolutely tank it bad. Bet you a sup rides with you the next day.

But yes it happens here every so often. Sups don't want to leave the office so they make up any excuse not to go. Especially when its hot.
Trust me I tanked it and he says he will be out tomorrow for sure, we will see what happens.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

That sounds like the norm as I remember it.

Staydryitsraining

Results vary on the management team. Some care and set up their drivers for success. Others could care less and more than likely they are either lazy, do shady :censored2: that can get them in trouble or they are just lazy and say they are over worked.