New Single System

Oldfart

I didn't show anyone. I just went to the top. Manager who rehired me told me if I took the evening part time pickup route I would be the one part timer who'd get extra hours. He never called me in early except once. The morning part timers all got plenty of extra hours helping full timers. I finally went and got another part time job at local newspaper working over night. Since I didn't start work until 1330 at FedEx thought it would work out well. Let him know that I was no longer available in the mornings. He got about 6 inches from my face, his face all beet red, and screamed at me that I was ungrateful for him rehiring me. Turned out he had failed his DOT physical 3 times for hypertension. He didn't want to work me unless he had to, but wanted me to be 100% available to him. I was shocked. Told a senior courier that I was thinking of GFTing it, who promptly went and told mgr. He called me into office, was super nice, apologized. Over the next two months he asked me repeatedly what would it take to get me to quit other job. I kept telling him make me full-time. He finally posted a full-time swing. I was the only one to apply. Took me into office and said job was mine, but here's the deal. We're slow in the summer, can't give you full-time hours. You can take job now, but you'll have to accept less than 35 hours. At end of summer when things pick up you'll get more hours. If you don't take it now though I'll have to give it to former swing who comes off disability at end of month. Assured me that I'll easily get 40+ at end of summer. Came in next day, he had offer letter waiting for me. Asked where was the waiver of my hours for me to sign. Oh, nothing to sign, just a little agreement between you and me. At end of summer I asked would I start getting more hours. I had weeks where I only got 27 and most weeks managed about 35 if I volunteered for Saturday too. So had worked 6 days a week for months. He laughed in my face and walked away. I was posting best numbers in station by the way. I tried to file GFT, he asked me to drop it. Told him I needed to at least talk to personnel. He gave me her number, called later on my lunch, and she said she had just gotten off phone with him and our senior. Said my 6 days a week was something I couldn't GFT. Station needs. I told her about the screaming in my face, and that I was only person being forced to do this. When she saw I was going through with it she said if you'll drop the matter I'll make sure you'll get 40 hours Monday-Friday. So from there forward I got hours. But there was the matter of all those weeks that I had less than 35 Monday through Friday. Mgr was putting into system each week that I had waived my minimum guarantee. When I transferred I wrote to Fred's office saying I should have been paid for all the hours less than 35. He referred it to Southern region V.P. who talked to mgr. Then told me that while my former mgr admitted how he made me full-time was incorrect, he saw no evidence of abuse other than my own opinion. That was based on his conversation with the mgr only. He then told me a week is seven days, not 5, and plenty of employees get their guarantee on more than 5 days. And since I volunteered for Saturday they could use that towards my guarantee. He did have me paid for the two weeks I didn't work Saturday. And that was that. Former mgr was eventually told to take buyout or get fired, his choice.
Please stop.

I think I am gonna cry again.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
He didn't want to work me unless he had to, but wanted me to be 100% available to him
You can take job now, but you'll have to accept less than 35 hours.
I had weeks where I only got 27 and most weeks managed about 35 if I volunteered for Saturday too.
I was posting best numbers in station by the way.

You were the top performing courier in the station and he wouldn't put you on road? I thought the only thing a manager cared about was numbers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The first week I would be there I would be her employee. Every other transfer I took it was no problem and most seemed happy to help me get there. The manager of station you leave is entitled to keep you up to 30 days after you sign offer letter. Helps him with replacing outgoing courier. I went to him, said luckily a courier had just canceled time off that week, and he could give me two days off. So moved 1000 miles on a long weekend.

If she needs you to start the on a certain date, she can't give you that week off.

vantexan

If she needs you to start the on a certain date, she can't give you that week off.
Again for the millionth time, every place I transferred to except the last one gave me paid time off to move. She had a swing available to cover the route. She even covered that route on occasion. For someone who tells people all the time they don't know what they're talking about you're very opinionated about something you don't know anything about.

vantexan

You were the top performing courier in the station and he wouldn't put you on road? I thought the only thing a manager cared about was numbers.
I was part time working evening pick up route. He only called me in once early. And yes my numbers were best in station. I ran as a swing routes better than other couriers. Not that that was a big accomplishment. Most couriers there milked it as much as possible. We had part timer getting full-time hours. Had a fulltimer who read a book for 5 minutes after every delivery. Got furious with me after coming back from vacation and found out I ran route like I was supposed to. Had another one who routinely got 44-45 hrs but when I covered rt was taking 2 and 3 hr splits. Work wasn't there. And by the way that mgr was told take buyout or get fired. Not all mgrs care about hours. I've seen a number of mars and seniors get fired for various reasons. It's not a mathematical formula.

Oldfart

I was part time working evening pick up route. He only called me in once early. And yes my numbers were best in station. I ran as a swing routes better than other couriers. Not that that was a big accomplishment. Most couriers there milked it as much as possible. We had part timer getting full-time hours. Had a fulltimer who read a book for 5 minutes after every delivery. Got furious with me after coming back from vacation and found out I ran route like I was supposed to. Had another one who routinely got 44-45 hrs but when I covered rt was taking 2 and 3 hr splits. Work wasn't there. And by the way that mgr was told take buyout or get fired. Not all mgrs care about hours. I've seen a number of mars and seniors get fired for various reasons. It's not a mathematical formula.
I am all out of tears.