New Single System

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Exactly. Last manager I had gave out gap reports every day for us to sign. Any gap deemed too big she demanded we explain. Was a real factor in retiring. Previous mgrs hardly ever mentioned it. Imagine being 54 and having to explain to a woman every day this is where I took a piss. This is where I took a dump.

I don't know why it caused you such grief.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Last manager I had handed them out all the time. Any gap over ten minutes, he wanted me to write down the reason. He’s gone and I haven’t seen one since. It was more an annoyance than grief. Don’t know why people stress over such things.

It will be fine

Last manager I had handed them out all the time. Any gap over ten minutes, he wanted me to write down the reason. He’s gone and I haven’t seen one since. It was more an annoyance than grief. Don’t know why people stress over such things.
Did the response matter? Could you write “wasting time on BC on my phone” or would that get you in trouble?

Star B

White Lightening
It's an annoyance when it's just used as corporate intimidation. If you really wanted to know why, ask. Don't just throw them in everyones box and expect them to sign because then it stops being useful as a tool and just turns into pencil-whipping.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's an annoyance when it's just used as corporate intimidation. If you really wanted to know why, ask. Don't just throw them in everyones box and expect them to sign because then it stops being useful as a tool and just turns into pencil-whipping.
My manager always just dropped them in the drivers seat of our trucks, with request to sign and return. Mine never made it past the trashcan.

Oldfart

Exactly. Last manager I had gave out gap reports every day for us to sign. Any gap deemed too big she demanded we explain. Was a real factor in retiring. Previous mgrs hardly ever mentioned it. Imagine being 54 and having to explain to a woman every day this is where I took a piss. This is where I took a dump.

EVERYTHING caused grief with tex. Poor fella has story after story about managers picking on him. Guess he didn't get the memo. Managers don't get mad, they get even.

vantexan

Of course you'll say otherwise, but I suspect if you had worked hard, posted good numbers for many years, and suddenly had a manager questioning what you do every day as if you may be taking advantage, it grates on you. I had a torn up stomach one time, must've went to the john 6 or 7 times that day. She very seriously demanded what was I up to. It would've never come up with other managers. This is the same manager who wouldn't give me the week off with pay to move up from AZ to KS. Every other transfer I've taken I always got paid time off, usually a week, to move and get settled. Put a real strain on my finances and before you say it we moved there to be close to my wife's kids. This mgr would monitor what we did through the day and tell me the stops I should've given up to next courier over. It's on my route, that courier was topped out, I was struggling week to week on pay, but all that mattered was her numbers, and her budget. She's a good mgr, but extraordinarily irritating. Couple that with what they were paying, and I was looking at being 63, almost 64, before topping out with the new pay plan, and it was a no brainer retiring. If I had stayed we would still be struggling financially, would be up to my eyeballs in debt, and working for a company I could no longer stand. Oldfart keeps asking why do you stay working for a company you hate? Hey, I quit, what else you want to know?

vantexan

EVERYTHING caused grief with tex. Poor fella has story after story about managers picking on him. Guess he didn't get the memo. Managers don't get mad, they get even.
My previous senior mgr told me on phone what a blessing it had been having me out in my domiciled area covering things. My previous ops mgr asked me twice after I transferred to reconsider and come back. Said he could make it happen. And not the first time that's happened. You always want to twist things because you're patently dishonest. But I'll put what I've done for FedEx, numbers I've posted, up against anything you've done. If you had any idea some of the routes I transferred into, and not being rewarded for killing myself on them, you'd have a clue as to why I feel the way I do. FedEx doesn't reward hard work, just pushes the hard worker to work even harder to make up for all the slackers. Lovely company.

vantexan

No. The response didn’t matter. He was just trying to keep the district guy off HIS back. Lol. Funny thing is that I’m on a rural route and I regularly have gap times over 10 minutes.
And I was on a rural route with regular gap times over 10 minutes along with a large town where if I took more than 3 minutes between stops it was noted. And we're supposed to get up to 5 minutes to go on lunch then 5 minutes to next stop. Not with her, wanted us to go on lunch within a couple of minutes and then drive to where we took lunch on our own time. Started keeping a stop near restaurant so that I could get there quickly. She started questioning that too, demanded I do it along with other stops in area. As it was an A.M. area I often ended last P1 on other end of town. Or out in the country. Had to have been there I guess to see why it "caused me such grief."

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And I was on a rural route with regular gap times over 10 minutes along with a large town where if I took more than 3 minutes between stops it was noted. And we're supposed to get up to 5 minutes to go on lunch then 5 minutes to next stop. Not with her, wanted us to go on lunch within a couple of minutes and then drive to where we took lunch on our own time. Started keeping a stop near restaurant so that I could get there quickly. She started questioning that too, demanded I do it along with other stops in area. As it was an A.M. area I often ended last P1 on other end of town. Or out in the country. Had to have been there I guess to see why it "caused me such grief."
Yeah, my old manager tried to get me to drive on my own time to lunch too. Nope. Not gonna do it. I refuse to let them intimidate me. You let them intimidate you.

Last edited:

vantexan

Yeah, my old manager tried to get me to drive on my own time to lunch too. Nope. Not gonna do it. I refuse to let them intimidate me.
I pointed out that I was entitled up to 5 minutes. Not at that station she said. Just one amongst a number of things. When I slipped and fell and got injured I asked her if I would get my payment by that next payday. She assured me she would call and take care of it. She didn't. I got in her face about that. When they started again requiring we turn in sales leads I told her I wasn't going to participate. This was about 2 months before I retired. She threatened to fire me. I told her go ahead. So I did stand up for myself, just as I have with others. But with her it was a cumulative effect, and I was more than happy to take my pension as soon as possible.

Oldfart

My previous senior mgr told me on phone what a blessing it had been having me out in my domiciled area covering things. My previous ops mgr asked me twice after I transferred to reconsider and come back. Said he could make it happen. And not the first time that's happened. You always want to twist things because you're patently dishonest. But I'll put what I've done for FedEx, numbers I've posted, up against anything you've done. If you had any idea some of the routes I transferred into, and not being rewarded for killing myself on them, you'd have a clue as to why I feel the way I do. FedEx doesn't reward hard work, just pushes the hard worker to work even harder to make up for all the slackers. Lovely company.
Yet you left the company a couple of times and whine and complain about each and everything Fedex.

I once heard a very successful person say "Hard work never killed anybody, it just makes you tired". I guess hard work forced you to hate the company so bad, you decided to leave more than once.

Oldfart

I pointed out that I was entitled up to 5 minutes. Not at that station she said. Just one amongst a number of things. When I slipped and fell and got injured I asked her if I would get my payment by that next payday. She assured me she would call and take care of it. She didn't. I got in her face about that. When they started again requiring we turn in sales leads I told her I wasn't going to participate. This was about 2 months before I retired. She threatened to fire me. I told her go ahead. So I did stand up for myself, just as I have with others. But with her it was a cumulative effect, and I was more than happy to take my pension as soon as possible.
Sounds like you really hated working for a woman. Actually, sounds like you hated working for anyone.

vantexan

Yet you left the company a couple of times and whine and complain about each and everything Fedex.

I once heard a very successful person say "Hard work never killed anybody, it just makes you tired". I guess hard work forced you to hate the company so bad, you decided to leave more than once.
When you get your freight at 1030, have 75 to 95 deliveries, plus 10-15 pups, a bulk pup stop of 100 to 200 40-50lb pkgs plus 100 to 600 1 lb pkgs, plus 30 to 40 international mps(and this was before meter pkgs), and you've got to get it loaded and driven 60 miles to offload into shuttle, take lunch at 2000 or later, drive back the 60 miles, get off at 2215-2230, all in 100+ degree heat with humidity, sweat like a pig, getting paid $12.52hr and mgr lied about location of his opening to get you to move there, should've actually been in another town, and that's just one of the killer rts I managed to transfer into, yeah, you get a little disgusted with 2% raises and A-hole topped out employees who smugly think they know everything but really don't know fecal matter from shinola.

vantexan

Sounds like you really hated working for a woman. Actually, sounds like you hated working for anyone.
I had some good mgrs over the years, including a woman senior mgr I'd go to war for. What else you want to twist? You know what? You got in early, worked yourself into a cake route, have been cruising all these years in the same location, and wouldn't know hard work if it bit you on the ass. Which is exactly why your opinion doesn't matter.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Aw shut up!!!

Oldfart

When you get your freight at 1030, have 75 to 95 deliveries, plus 10-15 pups, a bulk pup stop of 100 to 200 40-50lb pkgs plus 100 to 600 1 lb pkgs, plus 30 to 40 international mps(and this was before meter pkgs), and you've got to get it loaded and driven 60 miles to offload into shuttle, take lunch at 2000 or later, drive back the 60 miles, get off at 2215-2230, all in 100+ degree heat with humidity, sweat like a pig, getting paid $12.52hr and mgr lied about location of his opening to get you to move there, should've actually been in another town, and that's just one of the killer rts I managed to transfer into, yeah, you get a little disgusted with 2% raises and A-hole topped out employees who smugly think they know everything but really don't know fecal matter from shinola.
Did you have to walk to work UP HILL both ways. BUMMER!!!!