New Social Security bill

vantexan

So you don't think cutting taxes on employers trickles down to employees.....

Interesting.
It gives them more to work with in giving raises. With the chance to keep more of what they make companies have been scrambling to hire more and are paying more to retain employees. No, income isn't going up in a straight line like you think it ought to, but things are better for workers.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It gives them more to work with in giving raises. With the chance to keep more of what they make companies have been scrambling to hire more and are paying more to retain employees. No, income isn't going up in a straight line like you think it ought to, but things are better for workers.
Nice deflection.
Damn you hate being wrong.

LarryBird

Doubtful, will you submit to questioning?
Uhhh, sure. I guess.

What would you like to know?

My personal life is off limits for the most part, outside of the fact that I've been employed by ups for 17 years, but I'll try to answer. I don't put personal things or pics on the web, don't and have never, had a Facebook or any type of social media platform, including twitter and the like.

LarryBird

you and the company pays for it.

actually if we were able to invest our SS earnings instead of Uncle Sam my SS payment would be about 10k a month instead of $2700.
Or it could be nothing.

There are no 100% guarantees in investing, even the safest investments carry risk.

upsgrunt

Uhhh, sure. I guess.

What would you like to know?

My personal life is off limits for the most part, outside of the fact that I've been employed by ups for 17 years, but I'll try to answer. I don't put personal things or pics on the web, don't and have never, had a Facebook or any type of social media platform, including twitter and the like.

If all that is what makes you "fairly intelligent", then I'm a friggin genius.

LarryBird

And when they have more money better things happen.
Maybe. Maybe not.

But trickle down economics has been proven to be a sham. It just doesn't work that way when taken as a whole. You can't expect for profit entities to do the right thing by worker just because they're making huge profits. They are however, required to do the right thing by their shareholders.

I'm pretty sure most of the people here can agree with this when they look at our new contract and their pay stubs - despite ups earning record profits in the past decade, it has not trickled down to our paycheck.

LarryBird

If all that is what makes you "fairly intelligent", then I'm a friggin genius.
Meaning, he hasn't asked any questions yet. I was just letting him know I won't delve too deep into personal matters and gave examples of how guarded I am with my personal life on the web.

I do not belong to the generation of oversharers, or maybe I do, but don't participate. Hard to tell.

vantexan

You said business tax cuts do not trickle down to employees.

You're just dodging because you got called out on your BS
No, SS is settled law that companies have to deal with. Lowering corporate taxes gave them more to work with. There are people who honestly think companies exist to provide them with a good paying job but the harsh reality is companies are motivated by profit. When conditions allow them to keep more of what they make then the employees who help them make it are suddenly worth more. If they don't pay better employees jump ship. Might not be as big an issue in a union shop like UPS, but say a warehouse worker making $14hr after 7 years hears that Amazon is now starting employees at $15hr. What do you think he's going to do? UPS just raised handler pay in Lenexa, KS to $13hr plus gives an attendance bonus. Think they would have done that if Amazon kept starting pay at $12?

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I would have a lot more if not for social security.

But if you live to be 98 would you still have more?

But is it willing? Most likely most business owners would keep it for themselves, dividends, etc.
So you don't think cutting taxes on employers trickles down to employees.....
Interesting.

The studies have been done on the Tax Cut and Job Act. The lions share of the money went to stock buy backs, Divi increases and upper management compensation packages! Jesus, just look at UPS! Drivers got a 1.9% raise in a 3% inflation economy and the divi was raised over 5%!!!!!