New Social Security bill

LarryBird

Ffs all of your posts can be summed up in about one sentence, yet you rant endless nonsense every time.
Ive noticed people here are kind of thick. Therefore you've got to really drive home the point. Even then they don't really get it. But still.

Don't be salty because you were wrong. Just accept it and move on, a smarter, more well-informed person.

floridays

Nope 6.2% belongs to your employer. I'm assuming you aren't self employed?
I think you need to consider the alternative.
6.2% is the willing compensation a company will pay to you personally, or the government, by statute. Would you prefer the government hold this money, along with control of future disbursements and possible reductions in such or current payroll increases?

LarryBird

6.2% is the willing compensation a company will pay to you personally, or the government, by statute. Would you prefer the government hold this money, along with control of future disbursements and possible reductions in such or current payroll increases?
What in the world makes you think your employer would give you that extra 6.2% if they didn't have to send it to uncle sam?

Newsflash: They would not. Unless the government forced them to. They'd keep it for themselves and send their shareholders the good news about their new revenue.

It will be fine

What in the world makes you think your employer would give you that extra 6.2% if they didn't have to send it to uncle sam?

Newsflash: They would not. Unless the government forced them to. They'd keep it for themselves and send their shareholders the good news about their new revenue.
It is factored in to any pay raises though. When I debate giving raises the increased tax liability definitely plays a part in the decision.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
SandyPotableDromedary-size_restricted.gif

vantexan

But is it willing? Most likely most business owners would keep it for themselves, dividends, etc.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
you and the company pays for it.

actually if we were able to invest our SS earnings instead of Uncle Sam my SS payment would be about 10k a month instead of $2700.